lamp ideas?

rascal_2005

170 light force for bunnys

210 deben or 240 bliz in light force best foxin lamp you can buy

One lamp only then the 170 does a good job, red lens for rabbit, green or amber will extend the reach a bit for charlie. May well be over budget but they are worth the extra.

I am just taking to bits a lamp I bought maybe 20 years ago that has stopped working, the bulb is crimped in !!, at least the 170 bulb change is pretty easy,

A

One lamp only then the 170 does a good job, red lens for rabbit, green or amber will extend the reach a bit for charlie. May well be over budget but they are worth the extra.

I am just taking to bits a lamp I bought maybe 20 years ago that has stopped working, the bulb is crimped in !!, at least the 170 bulb change is pretty easy,

A

i was wondering about this to with the dark nights coming in,which is best deben max pro or lightforce 170,to be used mainly for rabbits

I bought a Cluson recently which claimed a 1000 yard beam, and from playing with it I can't dispute the distance, far from cheap but came with a very good gun mount, dimmer switch and it's a twin bulb unit.

Which ever lmap you buy once you put a filter on it you loose around half the distance, so a 300 metre beam comes down to not much over 100 of useful light.

LED lamps are **** with a filter.

I have one that goes easily out to 200 yds without a filter, but is under 80 with one on.

A shooting buddy has a 170 lightforce, and it's good for the money.

Get something with a dimmer if you can.

HTH

look on the deben site they sell the cyclops lamp with comes with a red filter for £30.ive a lightforce on my roof of the jeep which is ok apart from the odd cable and bulb going but i would chose my cyclops over my lightforce for value for money,had mine for over 4 years never even blown a bulb.great for fox/rabbits,

cheers daz

i was wondering about this to with the dark nights coming in,which is best deben max pro or lightforce 170,to be used mainly for rabbits

I use a Tracer Max pro for bunnies. The dimmer is great as you start off low and bring it up until you get the reflection from the eye. Don't go too high as it will only spook the bunnies. I have tried the amber filter as I find the bunnies are getting a bit lamp shy but the red filter is still the best. Just ordered the filter kit from Uttings to try the green filter. Let you know how it pans out.

I use a Tracer Max pro for bunnies. The dimmer is great as you start off low and bring it up until you get the reflection from the eye. Don't go too high as it will only spook the bunnies. I have tried the amber filter as I find the bunnies are getting a bit lamp shy but the red filter is still the best. Just ordered the filter kit from Uttings to try the green filter. Let you know how it pans out.

cheers, please keep me posted.How far is the beam with the red filter on

Edited by telf

I have a deben max thats used for rabbits and fox,has a good beam and can either be hand held or scope mounted,it shines a beam further than i can shoot :lol:

Same as mate Deben Tracer Max here and a very good lamp. I could do with a dimmer though for closer bunnies coz it does spook em a bit :good:

Same as mate Deben Tracer Max here and a very good lamp. I could do with a dimmer though for closer bunnies coz it does spook em a bit :good:

Another vote here, I use the Deben tracer max pro, I have the stock mounted switch and dimmer with the battery in some webbing.

Works a treat when on foot or on the quad. Also comes with fag lighter attachment for when you are in a vehicle.

My only issue is glare from the mod

The tracer max pro with dimmer is good for a scope mounted lamp without being huge, I never got on with my lightforce 170 on the rifle.

Hand held I have the u-caller which has a nicer switch and the same filters as lightforce but much cheaper.

From a vehicle I use this hand held or on a remote handle through the roof, it has a glass lens and I have fitted a stage light red filter gel.

SealeyML100.jpg

It doesn't have the silly feet on

Edited by bennyblanco

Either will do the job, the Deben is cheaper and smaller and runs with a 50w lamp so has a respectable battery life.

The 170 is bigger and brighter, mainly because it comes with a 75w lamp I believe (I understand some may have a 100w lamp :hmm: ), also more expensive and shorter battery life.

This phrase which is used a lot.............. which is best ...........they are different and what is Best is for the user to decide.

Whatever, make sure you get the dimmer with either.

:yes::good:

Lightforce 140 has a 50watt bulb and the lightforce 170 and 240 has 100watt bulbs. 75watt bulbs are available as and extra if you wish to change. i fitted 75watts to all my lamps until i fitted dimmers to them and then i switched back to the 100watt.

deben lamps use to be made by lightforce and then sold to deben so dimmers could be fitted and then sold on by deben but they still had the lightforce logo on the side. i haven't spoke to lightforce for a while so i dont know if they are still doing this.

hiya guys

a friend is looking for a decent lamp and red filter for not too much money.

it will be used for both his .22lr, 17 hmr for bunnys and his 243 on fox.

so as you can see it will be used at various distances.

what would you guys recomend?

thanks

john

Hiya, I hold exactly the same three calibres, and use a LF 170 on them all, I've got scope mounting brackets on all the guns, and cannot fault it at all...I've got a few filters, but find the one I use most is the Amber....

I bought this lamp well over a year ago, secondhand, and use a golf cart battery with it, as most of my lamping is done from beside the 4x4, I dont have to lug it around......but on saying that, you could use it from the cigarette lighter. It's performed faultlessly, apart from a bulb blowing one night...and I didnt have a spare..:)

Mine also has the 100w bulb, make sure when you buy spares you buy the OEM bulb, and not the cheaper ones..something to do with the filament I think..:) I also ( as has been said) bought a dimmer switch for it, but havent fitted it yet..:)

good luck..:)

Edited by Norrie

cheers, please keep me posted.How far is the beam with the red filter on

Got the Green filter in a kit from Uttings. Just as good as the red but best of all it don't spook the bunnies. The red filter gives you good eye reflection out past 120yds. I use the lamp mounted on top of the scope. Works a treat and is light. Must get round to trying the blue filter, see how effective that is.