17HRM strikes again

Shotgunspud

Haven't been out much with the 17HRM so grabbed it and off out! pulled up in one of my old spots that I haven't been to since the summer, wind was not in my favour so walked the long way around to get to the right spot not to wind the area I was hoping to spot a Fox.... It worked set of eyes looking back at me 250yards away set the sticks up and had a call!! light back on and the fox had moved forward 50yards towards me but stopped, I tried again but nothing sat there looking at me, back stop was good so dropped off the sticks and to the floor light back on and yes still sat there!!! slight wind to keep in mind and bang down she went! paced it out 198yards happy with that!! she was in fantastic nick apart from the hole between her eyes.

post-10973-0-02207000-1322553626.jpg

Thanks for reading.

SGS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good shooting, I have had a few between 150 and 200, it really is a beast of a round

sits back and waits for the doom and gloom merchants to start. ;)

esacly what i was thinking, i bet before the end of the day someone would of wrote a comment along the lines of thats too far to shoot foxes with a HMR :lol:

Good shooting, I have had a few between 150 and 200, it really is a beast of a round

Doc I am waiting myself!! I have shot tons of them with it!! fantastic foxing rifle.

esacly what i was thinking, i bet before the end of the day someone would of wrote a comment along the lines of thats too far to shoot foxes with a HMR :lol:

It's coming for sure! :lol: :lol:

Nice job Alex.Still to get mine oot in the fresh air but hopefully if its dry this weekend will get a few pics of the new set ups.

Come on you get it out and lets have some photos of the set up! hope your well mate talk soon.

SGS

Come on doc you've got proper rifles its not quite a beast. It works well on foxes and in perfect conditions will drop them at decent ranges but its not a regular 200 yard fox gun. No self respecting person should be pushing it as one as you will wound a decent percentage. All that said sometimes you do need to just shoot to protect gamebirds and livestock in this case nice shot but its not good for all and sundry to be using it at any fox they can see

I have been accused on another site of being sponsered by hmr lol. A great round for sure, I love it and use nothing else. To take these long range shots takes a lot of skill and a still night, if not still a lot of experience to read the wind or even breeze. Take the time to shoot at a target board with your hmr at ranges of 100, 150 and 200yds and see where your limit is, mine is a 100 on a good day but we are all different(once had three shots touching at a 100yds but was a one off!). This post is aimed at newcomers to the hmr, those that have one will already have done these simple tests and happy with their limits.

atvb Paul.