shot in the foot

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gutted for the op but to be fair my stint in the forces (2 years in Ireland when it was nasty) not one solider had an nd, and we did a lot of patrols some lasting 4/5 days ,any one who doesn't unload there weapon correctly should not be shooting simple (not saying the op doesn't know )Tiredness,distraction and relaxed familiarity with weapon there not excuses in my eyes, if ya tired don't go its not a job, relaxed familiarity with weapon you should not be using it,hope you get better soon and well done for sharing with us all like Ive said not having a go at the op, some may say i was

Correct,and I never referred to them as excuses but they are factors that can and do lead to ND's-either in the shooting field or military range.

regards,

fudd

The only downside of the most popular rimfire we have IMO the fact that you need to make the gun live in order to unload it. If cz could alter the design to ensure the gun can remain safe whilst you unload would be a HUGE benefit.

I'm always paranoid when I unload as the gun becomes live for a moment.

I assume the OP was using a CZ 452 or similar?

The only downside of the most popular rimfire we have IMO the fact that you need to make the gun live in order to unload it. If cz could alter the design to ensure the gun can remain safe whilst you unload would be a HUGE benefit.

I'm always paranoid when I unload as the gun becomes live for a moment.

I assume the OP was using a CZ 452 or similar?

That's the same with most rifles... You can't cycle the bolt on my 6.5mm T3 or my .308 TRG without turning the safety off.

My sako can as well. However really its irrelevant no gun should be pointed at anyone or yourself while being loaded or unloaded anyway.

You can cycle the bolt with the safety on Alex? which model is that, I thought all Sakos used the same system which effectively pushes a big bolt up into the bolt thus imobilising it?

I always look down the scope as I fire off the action it is one of my fads force all my soldiers to do the same after someone had an ND and hit a hard target in Canada that then bounced back our way luckily no got hurt. At the end of a long exercise during the unload he removed the mag cocked the rifle caught the bullet put it back in the mag, then place the mag back on the weapon not in a pouch released the irking parts and fired off the action.

Hope you get better soon.