Pheasant - Partridge Gun Cam

Duffryn

Nice vid and good shooting

What were you saying to your dog

Hi Chris,

Different people use differnt commands but the ones I use are :-

Long single whistle for stop at which point I would then point left or right depending on which direction I wanted him to go in or hold my hand up in the air and say back if I want to go straight back.

Pip Pip on the whistle for come back to me

"Hup" for sit

"Alos" for when he is the right area and needs to hunt for the bird

"att att " if he is about to do something wrong so that I can catch it in time !

"Rob get out" whilst pointing in the direction I want him to go in order to send him out. The reason his name is in front of this command is that I have two dogs and when I take them both out I only want the correct dog to follow the command. If I made up a name and said "get out" he will not budge.

Hope this helps if you want to learn a bit more google "shropshire gundogs" and have a look at the videos on their site

All the best

Duffryn

Edited by Duffryn

I can imagine it's been asked before but what type of set are you using and how does it work ?

No probs . Its a camera called a go pro Hero 2. Its about 3" x 2" and sits on a head strap (they are about £250 I think) . It records HD quality onto an SD card and then it just takes basic software to edit it. The piucture quality is so god that on some of the shots played back in slo mo you can see the shot and why you missed the bird

Hi Chris,

Different people use differnt commands but the ones I use are :-

Long single whistle for stop at which point I would then point left or right depending on which direction I wanted him to go in or hold my hand up in the air and say back if I want to go straight back.

Pip Pip on the whistle for come back to me

"Hup" for sit

"Alos" for when he is the right area and needs to hunt for the bird

"att att " if he is about to do something wrong so that I can catch it in time !

"Rob get out" whilst pointing in the direction I want him to go in order to send him out. The reason his name is in front of this command is that I have two dogs and when I take them both out I only want the correct dog to follow the command. If I made up a name and said "get out" he will not budge.

Hope this helps if you want to learn a bit more google "shropshire gundogs" and have a look at the videos on their site

All the best

Duffryn

top man :good:

No probs . Its a camera called a go pro Hero 2. Its about 3" x 2" and sits on a head strap (they are about £250 I think) . It records HD quality onto an SD card and then it just takes basic software to edit it. The piucture quality is so god that on some of the shots played back in slo mo you can see the shot and why you missed the bird

Cool thanks for that . I may buy one for the next season. If my shooting improves I may share some video's ! :good: