Cabinet key?

Cake444

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably overkill but my key is in a cheap digital safe that sits on top of the cabinet that only i know the combination for. Various reasons for this a very clever 4 year old son who can find anything hidden in the house and its somewhere else to put things you dont want the wife to find (obviously the expensive presents for her).

Safe is just as secure as the cabinet so If they can get into one they can get into the other.

Edited by lxtav

Probably overkill but my key is in a cheap digital safe that sits on top of the cabinet that only i know the combination for. Various reasons for this a very clever 4 year old son who can find anything hidden in the house and its somewhere else to put things you dont want the wife to find (obviously the expensive presents for her)

I don't think it's overkill at all, I think it's a sensible idea mate. I expect I'll get one eventually myself. I suppose you just have to make sure it really secure as any thief with s brain will know your main keys are in there.

Probably overkill but my key is in a cheap digital safe that sits on top of the cabinet that only i know the combination for. Various reasons for this a very clever 4 year old son who can find anything hidden in the house and its somewhere else to put things you dont want the wife to find (obviously the expensive presents for her)

I keep mine in digital key safes hidden in different places of the house ;)

Which have a back up key in case batteries go dead which will be somewhere I read in one of the magazines about putting keys in your "safety deposit box" at your bank when going on holiday!

Think about it if some one breaks in what are they after? Money jewellery easy to sell and fence items or something specific they know you have. Car keys, shop/bar takings, art etc IF they want sporting guns they'll do an RFD. Your cheap digital safe may frustrate them or intrigue them into ripping it off the wall to open later...

Your average thief doesn't want guns for several reasons, how do you get rid of them as your average housebreaker doesn't have the contacts to get rid of it. If your caught with an unlicensed gun its a min 5 years in jail which is a lot more than what they would get for braking in and as said before they want easy to fence items or cash. Also the places most people hide keys, jewllery etc are the first places the thiefs look so even if you think your key is well hidden they will most probably find it very quickly.

Probably overkill but my key is in a cheap digital safe that sits on top of the cabinet that only i know the combination for. Various reasons for this a very clever 4 year old son who can find anything hidden in the house and its somewhere else to put things you dont want the wife to find (obviously the expensive presents for her).

Safe is just as secure as the cabinet so If they can get into one they can get into the other.

Snap, I have a little digital safe as well for exactly that reason ... I have little nephews staying over once in a while who are obsessed with Call Of Duty.

They know I have a shotgun, so dont want any chance at all of them getting a hold of the gun or ammo.