banger ropes

Matt Gould

Keep them VERY dry whilst storing.

I took mine out of the box and stored individually in zip-seal bags.

They are actually pretty reliable at staying lit, but you're best using something like a turbo jet lighter to get the rope a good grey colour. If you want to only use a portion of the rope, either cut it (obviously) or wrap some tape around the rope, and it will stop burning at that point.

It does tend to burn faster in a higher wind as you might expect.

They're nice and loud, but i prefer to have the rope within visual contact in case some walker decides to get too close :rolleyes:

:/ do pigeons feed at night ?

yes mate of course they do :good: , when you go out in the dark and look up your see twinkles in the sky, these twinkles ent stars ,,,, ..

its woodies with miners lamps on there heads flying back and forth from woods to the feeding ground :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by browning n spaniel

Just before they go bang they drop to the floor so don't have them over anything inflammable.

If you pull them off the rope and light them, the fuse will last a nanosecond. Be warned!

If you cut the rope in half and save one half for another time, it is best you light the right end. The fuses are laid out in a particular direction.

They are OK if there are lots of birds feeding heavily in adjacent fields as they do keep them on the move, problem is they very often have the adverse effect of moving them away from the decoys and always tend to go off at the wrong moment. They can be sometimes be effective for roost shooting where birds are flighting to roost if you have several roost woods near by. As a aid to decoying pigeons though I would say they are next to useless and the money is better spend on BEER :lol: