Can FAC airgun go back to standard power

Livefast123

I'm going to be having a FAC air slot and was thinking of converting my Falcon FN12 to FAC power. My question is once I have converted the Falcon to FAC is it possible to put it back to 12ft/lbs and for it not to be a section 1 firearm?

Reason being is that I won't get many shots out of it and I imagine the resale value will be affected by being FAC.

[quote name='Livefast123' timestamp='1324469962' post='1622166

Reason being is that I won't get many shots out of it and I imagine the resale value will be affected by being FAC.

just buy one already fac as you have said you wont get many shots from your falcon and i can imagine it will be a lot off messing about and it will affect the resale value

Have seen this discussion on a number of forums and 99% of FAC airguns stay as a FAC airguns but there is the odd gray area is some counties because a few FAC holders have had there airgun put back to a sub 12ftlb by a RFD, i asked in Norfolk and was told once on ticket it stays on ticket.

Edited by GP1

Dont waste your money, 12 ft lb and FAC levels both have thier uses but FAC rated guns don't sell for nearly as much second hand. Just buy a used Rapid FAC when they come along there aint a lot of buyers lining up so expect to pay 300-400 for a very nice one and you will get the shot count out of them.

By definition once a firearm always a firearm till deactivated and certified as deactivated, some areas see it different but legally they are incorrect

RFD's can reduce the power to sub 12ft/lbs,but my feo said that once an air rifle is classed as FAC rated,then it will always remain FAC, :/

Alan :)

Hmmm I don't know about that it's common for RFD's to take shotguns (mainly semi) to and from FAC easily enough I don't see how an airgunner is different? Do FAC air need to be proofed? And if not why not?

Hmmm I don't know about that it's common for RFD's to take shotguns (mainly semi) to and from FAC easily enough I don't see how an airgunner is different? Do FAC air need to be proofed? And if not why not?

Maybe because any particular rifle that was on FAC has been deemed 'capable', and a gun that is 'capable' of more than 12fpe is a firearm :hmm:

True but all air rifles are capable of over 12ft/lbs just most require significant changes ( not all tho) also most are down rated for the uk market from higher levels abroad......

also true, but once signed onto a licence etc, the police need to keep tabs on them, re-restricting them isn't enough, they soon dissapear off the radar afterwards.

also true, but once signed onto a licence etc, the police need to keep tabs on them, re-restricting them isn't enough, they soon dissapear off the radar afterwards.

I agree can't see why they can't go to the proof house like deacts do ( for that matter most firearms )

A friend of mine was told the he could take his Rapid 7 off ticket if he had it dropped by a gunsmith so he had it adjusted down only to be told by the firearms officer that he'd made a mistake and that it would never be able to be de classified :/

I wouldn't do it with your rifle personally :good:

Cheers, John :)