The 2012 World English Sporting Championship

ESPClays

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Day passes have been phased out. Non CPSA shooters are allowed to shoot at this competition, I have just had confirmation from The Clay Shooting Company :good:

Yeah, but they're not handling the entries, the CPSA are, I would expect that every competitor would need to be a member of their Country's governing body, and therefore be properly insured for competition shooting.

Cat.

Day passes have been phased out. Non CPSA shooters are allowed to shoot at this competition, I have just had confirmation from The Clay Shooting Company :good:

Not quite correct they haven't been phased out, the CPSA no longer charge for them, so the ground in theory doesn't need to pass that cost on.

More info here; http://www.cpsa.co.uk/news/2011/08/26/changes-to-eligibility-criteria-for-cpsa-registered-competitions

I am fully insured for competitive shooting, but I don't particularly want to belong to a governing body, who if we are totally honest would have folded up years ago if it was not for the unpaid regional groups doing all the donkey work. :look:

Well, that's fine, just join the WTCSA, SCTSA, NSCA or even the FFBT, I'm sure they'll accept entries from members of these organisations.

Cat.

Not quite correct they haven't been phased out, the CPSA no longer charge for them, so the ground in theory doesn't need to pass that cost on.

More info here; http://www.cpsa.co.uk/news/2011/08/26/changes-to-eligibility-criteria-for-cpsa-registered-competitions

I posted the new rules myself, have you read paragraph five?

I contacted the ground that's running the shoot and was informed that they have never charged for day passes and never will. :good:

Well, that's fine, just join the WTCSA, SCTSA, NSCA or even the FFBT, I'm sure they'll accept entries from members of these organisations.

Cat.

I don't want to join any of the above...Ta very much, there's no need to.