Anyone giving up the weed ?

jonno 357

Its the time of year when new year resolutions are made so come on fellow member give it up :rolleyes:

Not a smoker myself so don't understnad the addiction but think about your children when they are at your bedside watching you cough up your net curtain lungs and sucking on oxygen to breathe

:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes:

The economy needs the money that smokers generate in taxes.

Maybe but they don't need the extra cost of health care for smokers!

It would probably even itself out!!! But you wouldnt die from someone else's smoke! I think next time I walk down the street I'm going to walk down with a pint! I'm going to have a sip then the next sip spit it over the couple of people round me and do this for the whole pint! Then give it 5 mins and get another pint and do the same! I bet there are a few unhappy people??

Royal

Maybe but they don't need the extra cost of health care for smokers!

It would probably even itself out!!! But you wouldnt die from someone else's smoke! I think next time I walk down the street I'm going to walk down with a pint! I'm going to have a sip then the next sip spit it over the couple of people round me and do this for the whole pint! Then give it 5 mins and get another pint and do the same! I bet there are a few unhappy people??

Royal

Doing that would probably be more risky to your health than smoking.

I stopped smoking at the end of July. Haven't touched one since but still want to. Smokers cough went immediately, other than that I can't honestly say I feel much different.

Put weight on but have pretty much lost it again although todays dinner may well reverse that trend. :D

My advise to smokers would be to try and stop, my advice to the OP would be to try and stop being so miserable.

I won't get many smoking friends saying this but the NHS won't treat mega obeased people unless they make the effort to lose weight! And they won't give alcoholics new livers etc unless they stop drinking!! It should be the same for smokers they shouldn't be entitled to treatment if the reason they are ill is a direct affect of them smoking

Royal

Edited by Marine1980

Wish I could do that.

Gave up smoking about 15 years ago but one cigar and I'd be back on 40-a-day tomorrow. :no:

It'd be worse if I liked fags but I cant hack them nor would I want to as I'm a sporty person, tried those cancer sticks once and hated the taste, got a lot of mates who smoke them and I'm sick at the smell :lol:

I won't get many smoking friends saying this but the NHS won't treat mega obeased people unless they make the effort to lose weight! And they won't give alcoholics new livers etc unless they stop drinking!! It should be the same for smokers they shouldn't be entitled to treatment if the reason they are ill is a direct affect of them smoking

Royal

Being a smoker my self I must agree with you.

Royal

A hard attitude to take , specially when you probably are aware of how difficult it is to stop smoking , especially if one is a long time smoker .

Maybe all efforts should be directed to young people so that they will not start smoking and get hooked as I am

A hard attitude to take , specially when you probably are aware of how difficult it is to stop smoking , especially if one is a long time smoker .

Maybe all efforts should be directed to young people so that they will not start smoking and get hooked as I am

Sorry mate but I have to disagree!! My nan smoked from the age of 11 till the age of 75 then one day just decided to stop, and she did! She's now 82 and hasn't had once since the day she decided to!!

It's not a bad excuse though!!!!!!

Royal