Sperm Whale @ Sunny Hunny

Lampwick

Popped up to Hunstanton today to have a butchers at the poor old Sperm Whale which has been washed up on the beach.

It's quite the tourist attraction. There must have been another 200 there at the time mooching about.

It's been on the beach for about 5 days now and beginning to get rather smelly as you would imagine.

Its a 40 foot long male. I'm no expert but you couldn't miss its willy!

The skin reminded me of the rubber on soft tyres.

Trophy hunters have been visiting too, all but three small teeth have been sawn off, its tongue cut away (presumably to allow access to the lower jaw teeth) about a foot of its lower jaw is missing too, but to top it all off somebody has chopped the end of its **** off!!!! any ideas why?

Popped into town and hit the amusements and fish & chips after to round off the day.

The authorities are considering disposing of it so if you are thinking of popping up make it snappy!

Shippy

Hope the images work??

post-19094-0-82892300-1325275493.jpg

post-19094-0-24089400-1325275557.jpg

I suppose it makes a change.Everytime i've been to sunny hunny theres always been atleast one dead seal washed up on the beach and infact once my dog found half a dolphin which had obviously got caught in a boats prop.That whale looks a monster though,but i couldnt even begin to imagine what it must smell like.

I suppose it makes a change.Everytime i've been to sunny hunny theres always been atleast one dead seal washed up on the beach and infact once my dog found half a dolphin which had obviously got caught in a boats prop.That whale looks a monster though,but i couldnt even begin to imagine what it must smell like.

It was big, certainly wouldn't land it on my pole with it's number six elastic!

Yep it smelt rather rank, my wife almost threw up Lol!!

Shippy

Ps also one dead goose on the beach! Looked like a very dark Brent!

I think its scientists and the sort that removed the teeth. They did the same before when one washed up near Sutton bridge. Apparently that whale was hit by a dummy bomb that gets dropped on the marshes near Sutton bridge. The whale was seen floating along he coast utility was washed up at sunny hunny

Blow it up ! Blow it up ! Blow it up !

If you ever feel down look up exploding whale on YouTube,

Funniest news report ever !

:lol::lol: just looked it up and yes so very very funny

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/1_t44siFyb4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Paul223