What TV

snowz

I need a new TV been to cirrus and comet today to have a look at what's in offer, got a bit stumped too much choice

Had a Samsung 37" LCD before and it didn't last very long just over 12 months do not happy and has put me off samsungs.

Looking at the panasonics but still too much choice,

not fussed with 3D but if it's on a good TV then fine but what should I go for and avoid out of LCD Plasma and LED also want it to be a smart TV

Will be for TV programms, PS3, blue ray and online tv etc

Any help appreciated

Thanks

going to state the obvious but whats your budget?

ive found over the years that othe factors also come into play.

Size of room?

How Far you sit from the TV?

If it will be used for Games?

are you happy with 720P HD? or full 1080P?

how many HD inputs you need?

:good:

going to state the obvious but whats your budget?

ive found over the years that othe factors also come into play.

Size of room?

How Far you sit from the TV?

If it will be used for Games?

are you happy with 720P HD? or full 1080P?

how many HD inputs you need?

See knew it was more to it than just looking at the shiney new ones :lol:

Had a 40" Samsung before so similar size to that but not smaller

Sit about 12 foot away max

Occasional gaming

Full 1080 prefered

1 HD out put for now the PS3

MAX £1k. ideally £600 - 700

I have had samsung LCD for about 4 years its never missed a beat and is a cracking pic although the sound let it down ( rectified with an after market system) BUT I have just bought a samsung LED smart tv 40" 3d,with built wi fi etc all I can say is get one, unbelievable difference,even watching youtube on it in high def is an experience you have to see to believe. I paid just short of £700 for my tv, absolute peanuts compared to the prices you paid a couple of years ago.

KW

Edited by kdubya

See knew it was more to it than just looking at the shiney new ones :lol:

Had a 40" Samsung before so similar size to that but not smaller

Sit about 12 foot away max

Occasional gaming

Full 1080 prefered

1 HD out put for now the PS3

MAX £1k. ideally £600 - 700

To be honest its such a minefield, My Sony LCD has just developed a green line so i'll be on the lookout for a new TV at some stage. (for reference my sony lasted 6 years but was extortionate at the time of purchase)

I will be looking for a panasonic or higher end samsung next i think....

I need a new TV been to cirrus and comet today to have a look at what's in offer, got a bit stumped too much choice

Had a Samsung 37" LCD before and it didn't last very long just over 12 months do not happy and has put me off samsungs.

not fussed with 3D but if it's on a good TV then fine but what should I go for and avoid out of LCD Plasma and LED also want it to be a smart TV

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Why did you not take it back to the shop if it only lasted slightly over 12 months?

Why did you not take it back to the shop if it only lasted slightly over 12 months?

it was over 12 months so no warranty about 15months old.

i did pop into shop but they didnt want to know, that was £700 down the pan :angry::oops:

just checking out the AV forum for any more reviews etc

I would be going back to the shop. A £700 tele should last longer that 15 months.

http://www.monikie.org.uk/yourrights.htm

Thanks for the info but the TV was put on ebay for spares a few weeks ago

Depending on the fault you can get them repaired quite cheaply.

I tried to repair myself after searching the web as it was a common fault, bought 2 different cards costing another £80 but didnt work

I tried to repair myself after searching the web as it was a common fault, bought 2 different cards costing another £80 but didnt work

that's what TV repair places are for!!!!!

Unless you have service manual scope and associated experience you'll be lucky diagnosis is the key....

Any help appreciated

Thanks

LG are great. Sony also great but pricey compared to LG.

Edited by unapalomablanca

that's what TV repair places are for!!!!!

Unless you have service manual scope and associated experience you'll be lucky diagnosis is the key....

Do you know my back ground and what i can do? No!

the problem i had was common, the parts are easily replaced but it didnt fix the problem entirely and needed an main board in the end..

Local TV repair shop wanted £60 +VAT + parts (£200+) to fix it, genuine parts only. would of made it beyond reasonable repair for an out of warranty TV!

it was over 12 months so no warranty about 15months old.

i did pop into shop but they didnt want to know, that was £700 down the pan :angry::oops:

just checking out the AV forum for any more reviews etc

Warranties are pointless as you have consumers statutory rights on your side, these rights are backed up by the law of the land. They state that anything you paid a reasonable amount of money for should last a reasonable amount of time and 15 months is way off reasonable. Just mention this to customer services and watch them back pedal. The retailer knows that if it went to court they would lose every time unless they could prove that you broke it. Warranties are just something to make you forget your statutory rights and meekly think that you have no protection after they expire. Its just a standard fob off which you just ignore, another stunt they like to pull when faced with a return is that 'you must take it up with the manufacturer'. More rubbish i'm afraid, the contract is with the retailer and the law states that they who recieved your money must sort out any problems. I would be happy if i was you knowing that when you go back to the shop a new tv is on its way to you!!! :good:

Edited by unapalomablanca

I have to agree that Samsung TV's are by far the best around.

I had a similar problem to the original post and all was sorted at no cost to myself by the retailer.

Samsung customer service is brilliant and i would only have Samsung from now on.

I have a Panasonic in the bedroom and its pants more problems than the Samsung.

I was looking at 3D over the last couple of days and the Samsung 3D knocked the socks of Panasonic & LG

I also believe you get what you pay for :good: