need new gun help cant decide at all!!

elmar fudd

ive grown so sick of keeping using all four of my guns and never getting used to one so as a result my shooting has absolutley plummeted :angry: so all my guns are going into retirement and i am going to buy a nice over and under and stick to it! ive narrowed my choices down to a beretta 686s that a freinds selling for 800 and its mint, and a browning 525 grade 1 which has hardly been used for 900, theyre both really nice guns and bith fit like a glove but i cant for the life of me pic one :oops: which would you lads go for and reasons please but to be honest im starting swing towards the beretta is this the right choice? :good:

cheers

which one feels right ?does it go up like a dream mount every time does it feel good in your hands ? do you think about it when you can't see it ? thats the gun for you .

to be honest mate they both feel right when theyre in my shoulder, and both feel good and well balanced :look:

Beretta, personal reason as i rather the look and feel of them over the browning O/U's :good: :good: :good:

also i have been informed that if i come to change the gun i'll get 800 back for the beretta but the browning feels just as good :/

fudd

both seem to be on the money price wise for good condition but surprised they both fit you (as dimensions are quite different off the peg but either or both could have been manipulated) both may feel ok dry but probably a different story when you pull the trigger a few times...

You will get the .

"Nothing betters a Beretta" followers, and the Brownings are best ever" followers, and then the rest of us, the open minded brigade.

Both Beretta and Browning have the best residual/resale value, thats providing of course that you buy a gun with the intention of selling it again.

I hope I have not hi-jacked the thread, it was not my intention.

I do not envy you the decision, based on the replies you will receive.

Good luck

I bought my 'bank job' side by side for £50 having been shooting expensive guns for years.. I wouldn't go back.. If you buy a cheap gun, you know you can throw it around and not worry about the stock getting scratched etc.. Buy an £800/900 gun and you'll be conscious of it all the time.. Ignore both offers, go down the local gun shop and buy a cheap, reliable gun.. Problem solved.

All the best with it though..

Matt

If you take both shooting I'm sure one will feel better than the other. Take them both out have a play and let us know your thoughts on them. I like berettas but the ones I tried felt ok but as soon as the browning hit the shoulder I knew it was the one and I'm not one of these biassed ones (although brownings are miles better) see told you I'm not!

ATB

Unless you've got £5000 plus to spend don't buy a run of the mill berretta if it really is just a choice between the two

Lay the guns side by side and look at the engineering in both guns and I'm sure you would pick the browning

But then again if your not going to look after it buy the berretta it is true you won't wear it out

I have a beretta 686 silver pigeon 1 sporter and the wife has a browning 525 grade 1 sporter and I have 2 say the beretta deffo feels better !!!!

Funny that I have a 525 and a friend the 686 the 686 feels like a lumpy box of mecano to me, although I have been told my 525 is very "lively" to shoot.

Hardly consistent with "heavy barrels" but each to there own. :yes:

I kind of like the beware man with one gun comment and see much truth in it I don't abide by it but...

Could be the reason you are having problems shooting your present guns is different lock times in the different actions?? There are subtle differences though only in milleseconds but it does change timing. There are no doubt men that can throw down with whatever they carry and be deadly--but I am not one of them. The more I shoot the same gun/load/action the more consistent I become.

Either gun you are thinking would no doubt suffice. I have the Beretta 686 S 28" MC and it is a nice gun, but I shoot my Browning Silver the most and stay with it good and bad. :yes:

Having owned two Brownings and now own a Beretta. The clincher for me was i didnt have my gun with me so borrowed the 682 gold e , the Beretta felt nicer to shoot and fit me better so i hit more with it, i tried a few of my mates Berettas,also liked the handling of the 682 gold e so sold the Browning Cynergy and bought said Beretta the first thing I noticed is the Brownings are better finished off the barrels have a deeper finish and the wood tends to be higher grade. Berettas seem slimmer in the action and the hands, Browning feel more chunky but it depends also on the model and barrels on the guns. Hope I give a unbiased veiw as I like both makes just one fits me better and suits my style of shooting more so that's the gun I have.Value for money wise you can't go wrong whichever you choose.

ATB figgy