Red Stag shot in Chelmsford

tomhw100

just read in BASC magazine that the 14point red stag which we've seen on one of our permissions in Hanningfield has been shot! I cant beleive some jumped up ****hole has shot it,we've been watching it for months and havnt seen it for a while,only hope he dont find the hind to. The accused has sent a picture into BASC and has the audacity to say even though its a magnificent beast its culling had to be taken very seriously. How many wild red deer in essex! 2 as far as we know now one,i know alot of people who are shocked and outraged by this because they had seen it and admired it. now some **** has shot it just for a trophy whats the point,one red deer does not need culling especially in essex. Its bloody disgusting

what a useless waste of life of a magnifecent creature...

as usual post your views

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read in BASC magazine that the 14point red stag which we've seen on one of our permissions in Hanningfield has been shot! I cant beleive some jumped up ****hole has shot it,we've been watching it for months and havnt seen it for a while,only hope he dont find the hind to. The accused has sent a picture into BASC and has the audacity to say even though its a magnificent beast its culling had to be taken very seriously. How many wild red deer in essex! 2 as far as we know now one,i know alot of people who are shocked and outraged by this because they had seen it and admired it. now some **** has shot it just for a trophy whats the point,one red deer does not need culling especially in essex. Its bloody disgusting

what a useless waste of life of a magnifecent creature...

as usual post your views

Shot by a Poser. Was in an earlier issue with a bunch of foxes.

Why do you think CIC exists and on what level do you consider this wrong?

i think it exists for people who cull deer when they need to be culled and for sport ,not some opportunist who wants to have his picture plastered in a magazine i get your point but i strongly disagree.,red deer aren't normally native to essex unless bred and released, that deers been present on 10's of shoots and every ones let it and the hind be, its just an awe inspiring moment to see such a beautiful animal in this part of essex, it hasnt been shot for controllment purposes its been shot just so he can gloat down the pub,its not just me wh thinks its wrong i know plenty of othere essex boys who think its disgusting to.

Edited by tomhw100

I've possibly seen the same deer, bloody shame, guys a prikc for shooting it if he is from this area & into stalking he should know there's not many Reds and should have chose to watch it pass through his scope without the urge to pull the trigger. Shooting and conservation and all that.

I've possibly seen the same deer, bloody shame, guys a prikc for shooting it if he is from this area & into stalking he should know there's not many Reds and should have chose to watch it pass through his scope without the urge to pull the trigger. Shooting and conservation and all that.

yep its a real shame mate at least we got to see it in all its glory though...

It would have been nice to get Reds established. I've never seen one this far into Essex. Seen a few on the Essex Suffolk border.

Yep there was a Hind with it,i think they escaped from a private collection years ago,we see their tracks early last year on our shoot in hanningfield then the first time we saw them was lamping for rabbits scared the absolute shizzers out of us!

Edited by tomhw100

i think it exists for people who cull deer when they need to be culled and for sport ,not some opportunist who wants to have his picture plastered in a magazine i get your point but i strongly disagree.,red deer aren't normally native to essex unless bred and released, that deers been present on 10's of shoots and every ones let it and the hind be, its just an awe inspiring moment to see such a beautiful animal in this part of essex, it hasnt been shot for controllment purposes its been shot just so he can gloat down the pub,its not just me wh thinks its wrong i know plenty of othere essex boys who think its disgusting to.

Lets get this straight, I may have left it because I'm just not a trophy hunter, and I make do defence of anyone here, just another view!

..... was it legal, did he have permission/pay for it, did he shoot it well, and what else does any other trophy hunter do but hang it on the wall and gloat about it to their pals down the pub.

Playing devils advocate, just because you didn't shoot it, or want it shot, and liked looking at it then it's wrong, and he is a ****!

ATB!

Lets get this straight, I may have left it because I'm just not a trophy hunter, and I make do defence of anyone here, just another view!

..... was it legal, did he have permission/pay for it, did he shoot it well, and what else does any other trophy hunter do but hang it on the wall and gloat about it to their pals down the pub.

Playing devils advocate, just because you didn't shoot it, or want it shot, and liked looking at it then it's wrong, and he is a ****!

ATB!

Well said! :D:good:

If the red is barely established in that part of the World, why did it need to be shot? I read the article, the guy looks a like a special kind of banker. I don't like trophy hunting.

Hopefully he becomes a pariah in his local area.

hopefully! :lol::lol: special banker indeed

The thing is Mr kevlar, we only have munties around here and it would be good to see a few Reds.

Its bad enough with the ****** and chavs,never mind so called sportsmen.

I can understand the popcorn thing where its appropriate though.

ATB-Bryan.

The reason i put it there on this occasion is because it has the ability to become a very "lively" discussion. one camp will say yes shoot it for this or that reason no harm done, the other camp say he should have left it alone, Personally speaking he should have left it and BASC shouldn`t have printed something like that because i don`t see it as conservation especially based on the info given here that the numbers were basically non existent in the first place.

The reason i put it there on this occasion is because it has the ability to become a very "lively" discussion. one camp will say yes shoot it for this or that reason no harm done, the other camp say he should have left it alone, Personally speaking he should have left it and BASC shouldn`t have printed something like that because i don`t see it as conservation especially based on the info given here that the numbers were basically non existent in the first place.

That is a good point actualy i may get on to BASC they should know better than print stuff like that and they must have a regional manager who would be aware of the red deer population in Essex-or the lack of it!

not nice as there aint many about. about a year ago i was driving through bicknacre and saw 3 red stags in a small grass field 2 were standing and 1 was laying down they were only about 50 ,60 yds away , so i turned round and went back for a second look i sat there about 5 mins watching them and in that time 2 other people pulled up behind me to look at them. i spoke to the gamekeeper who looked after the shoot on the land they were on when i was pigeon shooting after isaw them and he said they had been about for quite some time. also the farmer next to where i live said he saw one early one morning in the field at the front of my house, but i hav'nt seen any since i saw the 3. got no problem with em being shot wheres theres plenty , but leave them alone if there few and far between. to the op is it east hanningfield where you shoot?