monkey loader

waterside

Any of you guys seen the monkey loader, well I bought one on a whim £120, I would have been better off buying a real monkey and it would have been far more efficient than this thing. It might be good for holding pound coins or padlocking your bike up but that's it. Mine exploded shells all over my kitchen floor and on inspection only to find its held together with cable ties. Total rip off.

I had a look at the website when it was featured on the 'look what we've just been given' page in The Field recently.

I'm not usually averse to spending silly money on gadgets - and I've got a garage full to prove it - but I couldn't convince myself it was worth £120

• 4 years later...

Total waste of money on what, at £120 is well over the cost of a slab (250) of cartridges AND a decent canvas or pigskin cartridge bag.

I load from the left pocket using the left hand and keeping hold of the gun with my right hand...and as advised by Robert Churchill in his book "Game Shooting"...give the pocket a simple shake so that the cartridges present "head" up. I can pick one, or two, easily without looking at them.

And all the nonsense about carrying weight on the shoulder whilst shooting! I just top up my pockets from my cartridge bag and then put said bag on the ground!

I see the price has now, lately, been reduced to about £80 delivered. Still a gadget that doesn't load quicker than from a pocket IMHO.