1st Rabbit with .22 HW 45

Chavy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember where I read it, but it was stated that an air weapon must develop a minimum of 9 foot pounds to be used on live quarry.

Like I said, can't remember where or when.

I don't think there's a legislation in the land that states the minimum ft/lb that you can shoot quarry with an air weapon. However, there are many organisations that give RECOMMEND ft/lb.

Chavy, the point is chap. Everyone on this sight has respect for what we kill. You should never and I repeat never take a pot/lucky shot at live quarry. Especially with an under powered weapon. This time you might have been lucky. Be respectful mate and use something that will kill straight away.

Its not about compulsory testing. Its about common sense which this guy seems to have none , if he was a real man he would understand what a******* he has been and remove the post I would not trust him with a sharp pencil

Rant over good night !

Deershooter

Edited by nickbeardo
do not evade swear filter

Sorry guys. Im not to good at working out distance so may have been alot closer. This was a complete fluke shot. Just saw the chance and took it.

Now you're getting the hang of it :lol:

It was no way that far away so that my mistake. I think i need to work on my distance.

Subtle..... top class trolling.

Will do. Like i said im sorry. Did'nt mean to wind people up.

Some folks wind themselves up fella.I think the Mods should get a sponsorship deal from Tampax or Bodyform.I can imagine the new advert on TV of Zapp wearing a bodyform pad and the song saying you can now enjoy stalking,gameshooting and shooting rabbits with an air pistol all month round.Bodyform for yyyyyyyou.

Its not about compulsory testing. Its about common sense which this guy seems to have none , if he was a real man he would understand what a dic@ he'@d he has been and remove the post I would not trust him with a sharp pencil

Rant over good night !

Deershooter

Dont worry fella.If you are anything like my wife you will stop frothing at the mooth after 5 days and the hairs on your palms will dissapear by the seventh. :good:

Edited by sako751sg

i think he maybe meant 25 ft lol

its not like the fox thread were some1 tried to kill a fox with 28 grams 7.5 at range and it got shot like 3 or 4 times :oops: hes made a clean kill and the pistol is legal and so on, i dont think he will be in a hurry to do it again :good:

give people advise and correct them of there wrong ways ,or give your opinion in a nice way dont be complete and utter prICKs because your on computer and youve got nothing else better to do :P

I know fella,you tend to get a mass outbreak of PMT every noo and again.

Just pointing the man in the right direction (and I'm not doing it through angry tears and cuddling a cushion in front of Sex in The City).

Looking at your tools I don't see an air pistol listed so I'm pretty sure you'd agree you need the right tool for the job. Seems like he knows that now though. :oops:

Just pointing the man in the right direction (and I'm not doing it through angry tears and cuddling a cushion in front of Sex in The City).

Looking at your tools I don't see an air pistol listed so I'm pretty sure you'd agree you need the right tool for the job. Seems like he knows that now though. :oops:

A good point and put across well.I think my difference is i havent got a short memory and can well remember when i was younger and not so worldy wise the lengths i went to for a bit of sport.If the lad is doing it illegally through ignorance a quiet word will hopefully wisen him up a bit.If its not illegal,but a tad unethical then again a wee word of advice i agree with.What i cant abide are self righteous hypocrites that write off their earlier days as though they never happened.What i will say,if the OP knows himself its not very ethical,dont post on a public forum where bad press is never welcome.As for the tools i have for the job,its took me many years to get them and not everyone is as lucky.

Edited by sako751sg