Trigger kits for CZ 22LR

esox

Hi, has anyone changed the trigger kit in there CZ 22LR ?? is it easy enough to do, even by someone with no engeneering skills, what does the kit do, does it lighten the trigger pull or make the pull shorter ?? and finally where is the best place to buy a kit from. Thanks in advance.

Iv done one, I got mine from YODAVE in canada from that auction website it was about £12 posted

It contains 3 different strength springs and 3 different thickness shims and replacement roll pins.

It lightens the trigger pull and reduces or removes creep to give a nice crisp, light trigger pull.

I found it easy to fit the worst bit has drilling the old trigger pins out as they are mushroomed over.

There are plenty of vids on youtube but if your unsure id leave it for a gunsmith, triggers should'nt be messed with unless your confodent you can get it right

Just got a Yo-Dave kit delivered from Canada in under a week great service & great kit too, it contained more shims than the other kits & a replacement roll pin that wasn't in the other kits aswell! Definately worth doing but choose the spring carefully as the lighter springs in the kit can make the trigger lethal!!

I dont believe in them, if they were £50 a pop i doubt many would be so keen to plop one in. CZ triggers wear in real nice with use all on thier own, you dont need a light trigger in the field in fact its a hinderence and possible extra danger.

totaly disagree. how can a light, crisp trigger be a henderence??? yes, a trigger that is to light can be a danger but not a hinderance. both my brno and the cz had heavy gritty triggers and the kit sorted that out and the trigger i put in the remi was £90 and it got rid of the horrendous creep and 5 ton trigger pull.

totaly disagree. how can a light, crisp trigger be a henderence??? yes, a trigger that is to light can be a danger but not a hinderance. both my brno and the cz had heavy gritty triggers and the kit sorted that out and the trigger i put in the remi was £90 and it got rid of the horrendous creep and 5 ton trigger pull.

To answer try shooting a light trigger with gloves on or even cold hands even on a night were the wind keeps blowing your aim about. Premature shooting occurs.

To confirm it normally takes about 1000 rounds for the average CZ trigger to smooth up. Two tons is of course a wild exageration and shooting will generally not reduce the true pull weight but it will feel much lighter. It should be noted however that pull weight and sear engagement are linked. About 3lb is to be recomended on a hunting rifle IMO, a shooter with good tecnique need not compensate for poor trigger tecnique by hiding thier faults in an over light trigger pull.

I admit to fitting a HVBR trigger to my old Remmington but that wasn't used in the field and i know a top rifle builder who belives the Remmington trigger is a good piece of kit if worked on by a pro. Though they also get better with use. Its the two mating surfaces wearing in that creates the gritty feeling when new. Lightening the trigger on its own is a bad idea as the trigger becomes a time bomb although it will be fine at first.

One often hears things like "how do i get the stock off, i want to fit a trigger kit" these people should leave well alone for sure :yes:

To answer try shooting a light trigger with gloves on or even cold hands even on a night were the wind keeps blowing your aim about. Premature shooting occurs.

To confirm it normally takes about 1000 rounds for the average CZ trigger to smooth up. Two tons is of course a wild exageration and shooting will generally not reduce the true pull weight but it will feel much lighter. It should be noted however that pull weight and sear engagement are linked. About 3lb is to be recomended on a hunting rifle IMO, a shooter with good tecnique need not compensate for poor trigger tecnique by hiding thier faults in an over light trigger pull.

I admit to fitting a HVBR trigger to my old Remmington but that wasn't used in the field and i know a top rifle builder who belives the Remmington trigger is a good piece of kit if worked on by a pro. Though they also get better with use. Its the two mating surfaces wearing in that creates the gritty feeling when new. Lightening the trigger on its own is a bad idea as the trigger becomes a time bomb although it will be fine at first.

One often hears things like "how do i get the stock off, i want to fit a trigger kit" these people should leave well alone for sure :yes:

just saved me £14 and a load of hasel, cheers!

The trigger kit will improve the CZ factory trigger no end. They're pretty easy to fit,check out some of the how to videos on youtube. I bought mine from here.........cz-magazines :good:

Totally agree,although some CZ triggers come better than others.Not hard to do BUT you do need to check/bump test,if set too light gun can fire when dropped or even when slamming bolt shut.The CZ section on Rimfire Central is a good source of knowledge.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330293

when i fitted the trigger kit to my brno it had fired somewhere in the region of 8000-10000 rounds and the kit still made a difference. it changed it from being gritty and heavy to predictable and lighter. none of the 3 rifles i fitted kits to have had really light triggers because as we both agree they can be dangerous in the field, what i want in a trigger is predictability. :good:

I dont believe in them, if they were £50 a pop i doubt many would be so keen to plop one in. CZ triggers wear in real nice with use all on thier own, you dont need a light trigger in the field in fact its a hinderence and possible extra danger.

Well they made a big difference to both my guns, and the fact is they are not £50 a pop they are £12-£14 depending on where you get one.

Money well spent on an otherwise great rifle IMHO

Well they made a big difference to both my guns, and the fact is they are not £50 a pop they are £12-£14 depending on where you get one.

Money well spent on an otherwise great rifle IMHO

But you see my point shines through here they are so cheap people just plop them in, they are a quick fix but we know what can happen with quick fixes :yes:

Hi, has anyone changed the trigger kit in there CZ 22LR ?? is it easy enough to do, even by someone with no engeneering skills, what does the kit do, does it lighten the trigger pull or make the pull shorter ?? and finally where is the best place to buy a kit from. Thanks in advance.

as has been said by someone else rimfire magic just need a small punch and an extra pair of hands ... please listen to what has been said about safety dont put the lightest spring in my gun went off on its own luckly i only load a round when on target !! soon put the middle one in . but it is easy to do

I've fitted them to both of my rifles and they make a difference. Not so much the pull weight but the creep in my latest one was terrible until I fitted the kit.

There's nothing worse than a trigger that grinds before it releases. It takes all the precision out of it for me. I don't know about you guys but I can't get a dead steady hold on my guns and knowing the point of release is the only way I can be spot on. A trigger that feels like you're dragging a sack of rocks up the stairs is no help at all!

I do agree with kent to a point though - if you need to ask then maybe a gunsmith is the best option, or at least a good talk through the process first. I was lucky - Dave from SYSS talked me through it as I was doing mine.

I fitted a Timney trigger to my hmr American,it`s way better than the trigger kit I installed previously!

You do have to remove wood to fit the Timney though!

A good trigger really lets the CZ`s shine as the superb rifles they are!

Accuracy and poor triggers never go hand in hand .......

I've fitted them to both of my rifles and they make a difference. Not so much the pull weight but the creep in my latest one was terrible until I fitted the kit.

There's nothing worse than a trigger that grinds before it releases. It takes all the precision out of it for me. I don't know about you guys but I can't get a dead steady hold on my guns and knowing the point of release is the only way I can be spot on. A trigger that feels like you're dragging a sack of rocks up the stairs is no help at all!

I do agree with kent to a point though - if you need to ask then maybe a gunsmith is the best option, or at least a good talk through the process first. I was lucky - Dave from SYSS talked me through it as I was doing mine.

Actually anticipating the break of a trigger can proove to be a big mistake. One should be consentrating on other aspects of the shot at the time. Part of the theory behind the "hair trigger" is you cannot actually anticipate it

I think my point has been made with at least one person admiting getting it wrong. THE BUMP TEST IS NOT ENOUGH on its own ;)

Actually anticipating the break of a trigger can proove to be a big mistake. One should be consentrating on other aspects of the shot at the time. Part of the theory behind the "hair trigger" is you cannot actually anticipate it

But not knowing when it's going to break is far from ideal. You mean when shooting freehand you have a rock steady hold on your target? Fair play! I want to know that when I apply breaking pressure to the trigger it's going to release. Not grind a bit, stop and then let it go!

My tactic is to sweep over the target, intentionally not trying to hold dead steady on it and release when passing. If I try to settle on my target I get it wrong.

Edit... A heavy trigger is fine. I can shoot a crisp 6lb trigger better than I can shoot a **** light one!

Edited by njc110381

I have had the same rimmie for 20 yrs shooting at least 2500 rounds a year equating to 50,000 subsonics. the trigger has always been gritty,so as i was curious to what peeps were doing i changed to a rimfiremagic kit £12.00 plus a set of punchs i needed anyway. 20 mins later a greatly improved trigger.Ive not improved accuracy but the trigger pull snaps when i need it to . 100% worth it.

I have had the same rimmie for 20 yrs shooting at least 2500 rounds a year equating to 50,000 subsonics. the trigger has always been gritty,so as i was curious to what peeps were doing i changed to a rimfiremagic kit £12.00 plus a set of punchs i needed anyway. 20 mins later a greatly improved trigger.Ive not improved accuracy but the trigger pull snaps when i need it to . 100% worth it.

That is not my own experiance of triggers, in CZ rimfires or just in general 50,000 rounds and no change :hmm:

But not knowing when it's going to break is far from ideal. You mean when shooting freehand you have a rock steady hold on your target? Fair play! I want to know that when I apply breaking pressure to the trigger it's going to release. Not grind a bit, stop and then let it go!

My tactic is to sweep over the target, intentionally not trying to hold dead steady on it and release when passing. If I try to settle on my target I get it wrong.

Edit... A heavy trigger is fine. I can shoot a crisp 6lb trigger better than I can shoot a **** light one!

NO not rock steady but anticipating a break makes the shooter pull the gun trying to correct the movement he sees in the sight picture, the follow through is also generally ruined. Dropping down onto the target and releasing is a good way that i often use myself especially with a heavier rifle but i still dont want to anticipate the actual break. Consentrating on the sight picture and a good staight pull and it all comes together for me personally