Clay Pigeon Shooting.

Bloggs

Learn to read the target.

:good: That's the single most important bit I reckon.

Next is making sure that the gun is pointing where you think it is, so that means mounting it properly. 'Fitting' is all very well but I reckon badly mounted well fitted gun is in practical terms and, on the day, worse than the vice versa.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to ask, and then make another decision, which shoe? do I require 2 to make sure I am equally balanced?

And then you have the problem of, should the thing on the shoe match the slip,skeet vest etc? Decisions, decisions.

Surely if I had my little gay skeet towel hanging off the left hand side of my skeet blouse then it would balance out having a gay stool pusher rest on my right shoe?

You win them, they are awesome and really do improve your shooting, you have to win them in order, the bronze one is first so if you shoot over 70% it does become difficult. :good:

Anyone who would shoot over 80 % send off the form and get all three at once just for a laugh is being really silly and not taking the marksmanship awards seriously at all....... :unsure: <_<:sly:

You also get a cloth badge with them but I lost those as they are not shiny so obviously don’t improve your shooting.

Unless of course you sew them on the back for other shooters to see whilst you’re in the stand, then they know you are really a good shot even though you have blanked the stand.

The referee can then also adjust your score as wearing a gold shooting badge means you have obviously hit 80% of them.

:yes:

I always wondered what sort of tool sent off for those badges... Now I know!

You mean they don't make me shoot better????? <_<

80% in registered sporting is a really high achievement, I mean 60% is going some, but 80%..... it's very shiny as well..... really shiny.... I don't think the picture does the shininess justice.....

I find getting them solely to wind a mate up who never shot over 68 in a registered comp is priceless though, pity he stopped shooting with me, sold his guns and bought a boat.... I am hoping to achieve the same with chard, I just need some ABT ones for 10 straight and a pair of arm bands to do that with him though..... :huh:

4 different coaches have told me that I 'over think'.

On a 1 hour lesson I 'do not over think' for the first half and do very well mostly, but the last half of the lesson I do, I try to make certain and do not do so well.

If a target surprises me I get it, but one which gives me plenty of time I tend to miss.

Must be me age, daft old bugg**.