Spooked Foxes after Calling in?

bullet boy

Hiya,

pretty much everyone I have seen for the last couple of months have been like that Mark, in fact last nights one is the first this year that actually came in to the call. I had only gave a squeak to stop it so I could take the shot and it came running right at me till the 50 grain vmax hit it :) I found out there were a couple of guy's new to lamping on adjacent ground hence I'm now getting lots of very spooked foxes :(

Thanks for your replies Johnny and Davy.

Went out early this morning on my new permission for a walk around to know my barings.Saw a Fox out in the field but I had my .17HMR and the Fox was too far away for this calibre.He didn't see me but I thought i'll try and call him in with my WAM call-This was a bad move as Charlie scarpered as his life depended on it!!

This is why I've put this thread up.

Has anyone tried calling in Longe Range Foxes that you've spotted,only for the Fox to be spooked and run further away without stopping?

This has happened to me on a number of occasions.

Has this happened for you?

Please keep answers of a serious nature.

Thankyou.

yes, due to inexperienced people trying to call them then having pot shots with .22

We called 2 in the other night using a Hare call that worked :good:

But as said once called and spooked they soon wise up.

Are folk finding them mating all allready paired up around the country, some are still calling around me while other i think have allready paired up, its been a large gap of around a month to 6 weeks between the 2 ???

We called 2 in the other night using a Hare call that worked :good:

But as said once called and spooked they soon wise up.

Are folk finding them mating all allready paired up around the country, some are still calling around me while other i think have allready paired up, its been a large gap of around a month to 6 weeks between the 2 ???

A lot will have cubs by now ;)

Hi Mark.

I would almost definitely put it down to the foxes having been shot at before, also if there is plenty of good food sources in the area they are not going to risk there necks to come to a sqeak.

You only have to look at the popularity of PW and firearms threads to see how many people are out there shooting now!

fox is one animal you can not aford to miss, with foxes you need to be 100% sure you are going ti get it before shooting it other wise you have just made your life a hell of a lot harder, if you see it again try calling it with a different call and also try dusk and dawn hours, times you dont have to use a lamp this will also help the fox to be less spoked. unless you havfe some night vision gear :D

Now's the time for watching not shooting , Find the sets that are in use and start to watch for when the cubs are starting to show and try and get the vixen on her way back,if you get her drag her back from the set and wait and the cubs will come out and you can take them at your leisure (but make sure the cubs have been showing as stavation is a slow death and not the way to go)

good shooting hope this helps :good:

Has anyone tried calling in Longe Range Foxes that you've spotted,only for the Fox to be spooked and run further away without stopping?

This has happened to me on a number of occasions.

Has this happened for you?

Please keep answers of a serious nature.

Thankyou.

Hi bullet boy i had same thing not long ago did"t matter what call we used all we saw was there ****. and the only thing that i put it down to was clowns on land nearby not having a clue. but i soon got them rounded up by doing the one thing we all had to which is different almost every time but no end of people will tell you it worked for years and that"s your hand and lips tried and tested