Seats

I have got a "Henley"..folding seat from macro's cheapn shop...its got a big side pocket 18"x12" on the left and a fold up table on the right, i painted all the aluminium black green and brown, and the nylon is a dark green ...its nice and light and i put a carrying strap on it....i have tried swivel seats but they make my back stiff after a while...

Will Garfit has it right he has a 1950's swivel secertary chair, they are a bit heavy so i suspect he has several of then dotted over his place

This is what i use 190525047848 on the bay im 6ft 1" and over weight and not had a problem either with soft or hard ground

also got a couple at the same time for 2 shooting mate and they like them i have taken the bag off as it never got used ... :good: :good:

I've got a UKSW adjustable seat and also a drum with rotating lid seat which I find more comfortable. Yesterday during a quiet moment whilst in the hide as I was getting uncomfortable, using the UKSW seat, I thought about combining the best of both.

So today I removed the seat pad from the UKSW adjustable seat bracket and fitted the bracket to the underside of the drum lid which has the rotating mechanism fitted to it. A simple job of removing 8 screws, drilling the lid and using longer 25mm screws to secure the bracket. The seat still rotates, is adjustable for height and the better cushioned seat is more comfortable for me. However, the final arbiter is using it in the hide and I hope to give it a trial later this week.

post-14358-0-56251300-1335878652.jpg

post-14358-0-72253800-1335878670.jpg

Edited by PhilR

Sounds like a neat bit of DIY Phil - I have edited the permissions so you should be able to add up a photo to the post now - let me know if you have any more problems with it!

Thanks Teal, pics now added. You came along just at the right time. It sure had me puzzled as to why I can upload on a new topic but not as a reply to an existing one.

• 3 weeks later...

Used a few seats but do prefer one with a back to it, i now use a Korum chair same as this one 270643814135 but got it second/hand for £40, what i do like about this one is the back of the seat is adjustable and so are the legs, have tried a few fishing chairs and this one is by far the best in the build quality also its usability and comfort.

I think the seat I use combines a bit of several suggestions. Its a free 20lt drum in which fits 3 60mm thick circles of Kingspan and 1 of Celotex - when in position I adjust the number of layers to suit the hide with the soft and warm Celotex on top. Adjusts from 16 to 24 inches in seconds.