Walt

ST3V3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember the time i was the youngest ever spitfire pilot and it was me who shot down the red barron just before they asked me to fly the enola gay to hirroshima because the americans knew they needed one of britains best their pilots were just not up to it. oh those were the days :good: now they just call me for advise about bombing missions those young ens just not up to it you know. :P

My dad used to take my brother and I to a little pub in deepest darkest Dyfed (as it was then) which was little more than a front room with a bar made of a door resting on two kegs. It was therefore brilliant.

It was just after the Falklands War and the place was frequented by gentlemen from 2 Para, and other 'waltish' regiments who had sort of 'adopted' it for a while. They were really kind to my brother and I and would tell us (tame) stories (and buy us beer.)

The last, and I mean last, thing they would do is post some tosh online (had the net existed then) boasting, or even hinting of their experiences.

When I was a sniper ,tracker ,free fall parachutists in the SAS we had to supply our own parachutes . As I was a simple country boy I couldn't afford a parachute so I used to ask the pilot to circle a large oak tree and I would jump out of the plane and grab a handful of branches and let myself down . So successful was this maneuver it was generally accepted through out the regiment and was known as the Norfolk quick decent method .

Harnser .

When I was a sniper ,tracker ,free fall parachutists in the SAS we had to supply our own parachutes . As I was a simple country boy I couldn't afford a parachute so I used to ask the pilot to circle a large oak tree and I would jump out of the plane and grab a handful of branches and let myself down . So successful was this maneuver it was generally accepted through out the regiment and was known as the Norfolk quick decent method .

Harnser .

luxury real men dont use trees we use cow dung :lol:

Edited by storme37

Speaking to a guy on another forum who claims to be a para on leave from afghan i'm 99% sure he's a walt.

So what can I ask to catch him out without offending in case im wrong

What did he say that got your radar tingling? There's no formed Para Reg units out there now (except elements of the SFSG - 1PARA in old money) but that's not to say he's bluffing. Asking him what his army number is won't catch him out if he actually is in the army and just bigging himself up. I was bluffed by a guy claiming to be ex 3 PARA and I'd been in the army 20 years at that stage and jumping out of hercs for 19 years. He talked the talk, knew the blokes, knew the parachuting drills and incidents that had happened on various tours. He'd never served a day in his life. On the other hand, a guy tried telling me he was ex SAS after I was introduced to him at an in-laws barbie. He was rumbled after 10 seconds when he explained he was in The Secret Air Service based in Catterick. Tithead.

Speaking to a guy on another forum who claims to be a para on leave from afghan i'm 99% sure he's a walt.

So what can I ask to catch him out without offending in case im wrong

Whats the other forum, just out of interest :hmm:

PM it if your not aloud/dont want to post it up.

What did he say that got your radar tingling? There's no formed Para Reg units out there now (except elements of the SFSG - 1PARA in old money) but that's not to say he's bluffing. Asking him what his army number is won't catch him out if he actually is in the army and just bigging himself up. I was bluffed by a guy claiming to be ex 3 PARA and I'd been in the army 20 years at that stage and jumping out of hercs for 19 years. He talked the talk, knew the blokes, knew the parachuting drills and incidents that had happened on various tours. He'd never served a day in his life. On the other hand, a guy tried telling me he was ex SAS after I was introduced to him at an in-laws barbie. He was rumbled after 10 seconds when he explained he was in The Secret Air Service based in Catterick. Tithead.

he knew i liked my guns and started telling me about the slr he was issued with i may be wrong but didnt think they were still used

On the other hand, a guy tried telling me he was ex SAS after I was introduced to him at an in-laws barbie. He was rumbled after 10 seconds when he explained he was in The Secret Air Service based in Catterick. Tithead.

But that's not even good walting. That's C- Walting at best. Maybe he was just part time - his other job is Walting as a member of the Danish Royal Family or as a Plastic Surgeon.

How embarassing.

I can't understand why people would wish to Walt. In particular their failure to recognise how bad being found out is - it's up there with claiming a terminal illness and not actually having anything wrong with you.

The Secret Air Service based in Catterick....that made me chuckle...exactly a Tithead

You mention the SLR ask how long he has been in forces my no was 2478 i joined in 1986 and around 1987 the SLR was phased out as i used it in training then when i went to my unit had the SA80...so if he was trained with SLR then his no will be similar to mine or a NO before mine.

The Secret Air Service based in Catterick....that made me chuckle...exactly a Tithead

You mention the SLR ask how long he has been in forces my no was 2478 i joined in 1986 and around 1987 the SLR was phased out as i used it in training then when i went to my unit had the SA80...so if he was trained with SLR then his no will be similar to mine or a NO before mine.

I was going to call you SPROG when I saw your first 4 numbers, but then I remembered there are some on here that served in the Crimea.

Mine was 2468 by the way.