How old is your gun?

bruno22rf

i have a BSA mercury which is pretty old, couldnt tell you what MK with out any distinguishing features, its blimmin good though and i regularly hunt with that.

Also got a norica mod 60 to which accuracy just dissappears after about 15 yards. Pellet on pellet at 15 yards then no accuracy after that.... but today i head shot a pigeon that was on the raised bed at about 12 yards, hardly a challenging shot but i only drag it out a few times a year, its a shame because the stock fits me like a glove, if it was more useable i would use it more.

As air-rifles go, I've got a Webley Mk 3. It doesn't get out to play very often, though, as where I live there's not a lot of cover and so shooting has to be done at ranges more appropriate to a rimfire.

It's a nice old thing, though, beautifully made and a real nostalgia-trigger. It reminds me of the days when I was an empty-pocketed wee boy with my nose pressed up against gun-shop windows, dreaming of the time when I'd be grown-up enough to own a gun and go out shooting.

Just out of interest, can anyone out there give me a rough idea of my Webley's age? The serial number seems to be B2974, and it's stamped at the base of the barrel and on the cocking-lever. The stamping at the base of the barrel has what mey be a "Z" above it.

As air-rifles go, I've got a Webley Mk 3. It doesn't get out to play very often, though, as where I live there's not a lot of cover and so shooting has to be done at ranges more appropriate to a rimfire.

It's a nice old thing, though, beautifully made and a real nostalgia-trigger. It reminds me of the days when I was an empty-pocketed wee boy with my nose pressed up against gun-shop windows, dreaming of the time when I'd be grown-up enough to own a gun and go out shooting.

Just out of interest, can anyone out there give me a rough idea of my Webley's age? The serial number seems to be B2974, and it's stamped at the base of the barrel and on the cocking-lever. The stamping at the base of the barrel has what mey be a "Z" above it.

webley mk 3 produced 1946-1975

regards

ditchman