My new (to me) AYA

WelshLamb

Bought a nice little AYA sxs off gunwatch about a fortnight ago, haven't had a chance to try it until today! Was a bit of a gamble as I had never shot a sxs before, and also bought it via RFD so didnt have chance to check fit/condition etc. Anyway as luck had it it fits me like a glove. Much better than my other two!

Met up with a mate and drove around 4 farms trying to find some crows/pigeons and absolutely nothing in sight :huh: . Ended up going for a walk/rough shoot around one of the farms and the bag at the end of the day was one squirrel (which I didnt even shoot) :angry: .

Gave up at this point and went to frighten some clay instead :lol: . Had some very strange looks off a few folk, including a snidey comment off some idiot who claimed he would never shoot clay with 'a piece of firewood'.

50 birds later and I am absolutely delighted with this little gun :good: , the more I shoot it the more I like it :D . Got used to the double trigger much quicker than I thought I would - although the front trigger shoots the right barrel? :huh: I assumed it would fire the left.

This is fast becoming my favourite gun :D . Didn't think I'd get on with a sxs at all, so yes I am very pleased!!

Only downside is it isnt chambered for 3", so its still the Betty's duty to see to the foxes.

A few pics for those who are interested

pic 3

post-27926-0-54115300-1336856580.jpg

post-27926-0-77076300-1336856590.jpg

post-27926-0-79713300-1336856630.jpg

That is a lovely gun and the sbs is thought very highly of . Tell them to shut the **** up rather than disrespect your AYA which is far better than their poncey pieces ! Get some decoys out and show what it can do for real rather than bits of Bakelite . Enjoy yourself :good:

Thats a nice looking gun, I shoot with a 26" no4 and shoot well with it. I remember taking my old no3 magnum to a local clay ground to shoot down the line with it, the guy trapping suggested it was not the right gun for clays and I would not hit a thing with it, 23 out of 25 later I reminded him to keep his mouth shut and hit the button when I say pull.

Hope you have many years of happy shooting with it, by the way, I have put many 32g cartridges through my no4 and never been kicked!

the guy trapping suggested it was not the right gun for clays and I would not hit a thing with it

Another comment I received was "They're alright for hanging above a fireplace but not much good for anything else"

:blink:

'owt as queer as folk! :lol:

I think the LOP was 14", cant remember!

Another comment I received was "They're alright for hanging above a fireplace but not much good for anything else"

:blink:

'owt as queer as folk! :lol:

I think the LOP was 14", cant remember!

Never really understood what the difference is between shooting with an over and under or a side by side. As far as my limited expertise goes I beleive it is purely a matter of personal preferance. Can't be power or speed as they both use the same cartridge. As for barrels side by side or on top of each other I thought the idea was to forget the barrels and watch the target. I too have had snide remarks from the coloured glasses and gloves brigade when I use my AYA No 2 on clays. But hey I don't have a shooting vest that looks like a road side advertising board either. Sod em and enjoy.

F

• 2 weeks later...

I had the No4 aya sxs with full and 3/4 and I part xd it for a 20bore o/u which I like but I regret ever letting my sxs go, I would go as far to say its the best shotgun I've ever owned and I've owned a few Baretta's, brownings and Miroku's included, you can keep your skeet vests and yellow glasses its Farmers gun for me all the way.