"I'm never drinking again"

wildfowler.250

Best way to stop a hangover is before going to bed, swallow a piece of bacon fat tied to a piece of string - then slowly pull the string to bring the fat back up (followed by everything else) - that way you don't absorb so much booze. The appliance of science

That's what we'd call a "tactical chunder". Very useful for getting well past the 20 pint mark.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting reading all these 'methods' :good: tactical chunder is bad times. Although it does make the next morning a lot more bearable :lol:

Got another cracking headache today..normally it would have gone away by now. I'm blaming the wine instead of the usual Smirnoff :yp:

PS I new I should have taken water before bed but I couldn't be bothered going to the kitchen..some day I'll learn!!

Edited by wildfowler.250

I find if you're that smashed no amount of water the night before will 'cure' you. Just got to grin and bear it. And you can feel secure in the knowledge that this is the worst you'll feel all day. Bit of gentle activity, 2 paracetamol and 2 ibroprofen and a glass of Andrews liver salts for me.

I did get pretty ****-faced on the first night of the Cotswold do but nowadays that's quite rare. Didn't really have a hangover though which was cool.

But if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Give the other half one. It won't take the heebies away but if you're anything like me you'll fall asleep when you roll off.........

The OP is talking about the morning after the night before. Now if you're telling us that you've been at it all night, you're very young, fit and weren't three sheets to the wind in the first place.

However, if you were, please tell me what you were drinking because I want some. :yes::lol:

• 2 months later...

I genuinely would love to stop 'binge' drinking but sobriety just doesn't suit uni :hmm:

Could hardly hold water this morning! Just starting to get the ability to eat now which is bad times :/

Mine is just kicking in.......was going claying today......not happening!

Couldn't think of much worse than gunshots with a hangover! Except maybe exercise :lol:

Edited by wildfowler.250

I don't know if it's an age thing or just lack of practise,but the hangovers I get following a session simply cripple me.There was a time when I could sup with the best of 'em,but those days are now long gone.I got well out of practise following the birth of my kids and becoming self-employed(had to drive everywhere following morning) found that the occassional binge with mates on a night left me totally incapable of doing anything the following day,and as the hangover wore off I was crippled with Neuralgia.It got to the stage where I resented spending my free time feeling sorry for myself on the sofa all the next day,so have now stopped.I get a lot of stick from mates,and must admit I do miss the crack and the buzz from alcohol,but I would rather spend my free-time either out with my kids or my dog and a gun than nurse a hangover.

I'm not criticising anyone who wants to go out and get 'writ off',but personally I just can't handle it anymore;wish I could.

I don't know if it's an age thing or just lack of practise,but the hangovers I get following a session simply cripple me.There was a time when I could sup with the best of 'em,but those days are now long gone.I got well out of practise following the birth of my kids and becoming self-employed(had to drive everywhere following morning) found that the occassional binge with mates on a night left me totally incapable of doing anything the following day,and as the hangover wore off I was crippled with Neuralgia.It got to the stage where I resented spending my free time feeling sorry for myself on the sofa all the next day,so have now stopped.I get a lot of stick from mates,and must admit I do miss the crack and the buzz from alcohol,but I would rather spend my free-time either out with my kids or my dog and a gun than nurse a hangover.

I'm not criticising anyone who wants to go out and get 'writ off',but personally I just can't handle it anymore;wish I could.

Yep, sounds a lot like me! Could be out shooting on a nice day just now but I'm in vegetating. Things are getting changed this time!