Anyone ever seen a ghost??

Archie-fox

On nights the other night and was called out to go to a alarm call in a empty building...1.30am in the morning so no-one about, i go into the building and felt really un-easy having a look around and heard a groaning and a large thud sound from above..went to have a look no one about and the laser beems hadnt been tripped so no one had been in there..had a real bad feeling tho never felt anything like it before..

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My house is over 250 years old and we have the usual - shadow figures passing, unexplained footsteps, voices etc. I am not bothered about that sort of thing and go lamping on my own regularly and walk around the house & garden with lights off. But I have a bake house in the garden with two rooms. One room I walk in with lights off, I will not go near the other room after dark, just don't like the feeling - very strange!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did a job in urmston and they had a witches ball hung in the hallway the electrician worked at night one night and saw an old lady in a rocking chair he left all his tools and went home and would not come back to finish the work.

We took a local lads collie greyhound into the house at around 10pm and it stood at the bottom of the stairs growling and all its fur stood on end but it wouldnt go up the stairs we only ever worked there during the day after that i was only a subcontract plumber and the main contractor was john and his dad the lad who is on cowboy builders with miranda

( lucky sod )

Mark

I don't believe in all that stuff, however about a month ago a perfect set of childs footprints came out of my sons old room. These prints were tiny indentations of a white chalk/dust in the carpet, the footprints just stopped after four paces. Spooky, even an old cynic like myself had goosebumps.

We did a job in urmston and they had a witches ball hung in the hallway the electrician worked at night one night and saw an old lady in a rocking chair he left all his tools and went home and would not come back to finish the work.

We took a local lads collie greyhound into the house at around 10pm and it stood at the bottom of the stairs growling and all its fur stood on end but it wouldnt go up the stairs we only ever worked there during the day after that i was only a subcontract plumber and the main contractor was john and his dad the lad who is on cowboy builders with miranda

( lucky sod )

Mark

as above i am a joiner and building contractor and work in and at allsorts of places pubs clubs shops homes etc and it can be a right pain sum times i just carnt get on as i get bugged and things start happening. i was the main joinery contractor at a school one of my suby joiners asked what i kept looking at through the door way why do you ask i said.? well i keep seeing a man is that what you keep looking at yes i said we had both been looking at the same thing he is now a friend and worked for me on many jobs

We did a job in urmston and they had a witches ball hung in the hallway the electrician worked at night one night and saw an old lady in a rocking chair he left all his tools and went home and would not come back to finish the work.We took a local lads collie greyhound into the house at around 10pm and it stood at the bottom of the stairs growling and all its fur stood on end but it wouldnt go up the stairs we only ever worked there during the day after that i was only a subcontract plumber and the main contractor was john and his dad the lad who is on cowboy builders with miranda ( lucky sod )Mark

hope that wasnt too near to my house mark.. :lol:

The mind is extremely powerful :hmm:

Yes you have a good point. But when me the wife and stepson hear the back door open and close, foot steps through the kitchen then hall and stairs - by this time I am looking to see who it is and yes you guessed it no one. We do not all imagine it at the same time.

I apologise, I have heard many stories but since I have never experienced anything myself I'll keep to being a sceptic. I have enough trouble keeping up with the real world without having to worry about another ;)

I've been in some very, very old pubs that I'm sure harbour a spirit or two ;)

Although, on the serious side, I have gotten an odd feeling in some of the very old pubs in Nottingham, and not just because its Nottingham. The Lincolnshire Bomber Command airfields from the second world war have a spookyness about them as well. Not somewhere I'd choose to be at night having visited in the light of day. Even in the day, there seems to be a strange feeling on the ones I have been to. Sometimes around one building or area, others start as soon as you pass the boundry track.

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

The mind is extremely powerful :hmm:

True, it processes what information it gets into something that fits in with experience or expectation. For example, when we look at a ball we know it's round, we can't see the other side of it so it could be just half a sphere or perhaps cylindrical on the far side, but the brain fits it in with other balls we have seen and fills in the gaps. If our senses misfire and present the brain with some sketchy info who is to say the brain won't make it into something familiar ?

I have a personal example. Turning into the top of my road early one dark morning my car headlights swept across the nearby lake. The lake is reputed to house the ghost of a woman who drowned on her wedding night and walks the lake in her wedding dress.

Sure enough, there she was, walking across the lake with her white wedding dress trailing behind her.

Except she wasn't. The lake is round, half surrounded by trees, and the thin mist coming off the surface was being sucked into the middle and upwards by some gentle cyclone effect. It was amazing to watch, but it wasn't the Lady of the Lake, despite what my brain first told me.

I do a lot of night sea trout fishing have done since i was a teenager.

Saw a neighboring farmer wearing an old army great coat checking his fence line (his calves were always escaping) however he had died 3 months earlier, now it was probably a family member, but why would they be wearing exactly the same type of large army greatcoat on a sweltering evening in July?

Said "Noswaith Dda" (good evening) to a chap once wearing a flat cap and carrying a walking stick. Blinked and he'd gone? Trick of the light?

Walking back from a pool i'd fished for 20years, had to have the torch on all the time, usually i don't need it felt very nervous during the whole walk back to the car. No idea why, i was however very tired and should of gone to bed, relevant? Went back the following night to same spot everything felt exactly as it should.

I am open minded about these things, however three incidents in 25 years. Was there something there, did my mind play tricks? I'll let others decide. Hmmm

Tight Lines

Aled

Edited by Aled

was woken at 2-3ish am at my parents by anoice went in to obe of the ceilers to find a battery operater kids toy going in the middle of the room nothing around it and it was aswitch for the on on another occasion me and my brother were playing pool in the same room as before only us in and heard aloud band. went up stairs and found aset of anters with plac had come off awall and gone 6foot across the room. iv never seen anything but when walking up the stairs out the ceilers always feel like im been watched....

Don't believe in ghosts but....

Many years ago I was crossing a field very late on a misty night. I saw a white thing floating towards me. I was petrified and cleared a five foot fence from a standing jump to get away. When I turned to check what I'd seen I realised it was only the white stripe down the face of a cow and the whole herd were coming over to check me out.

This one will take some believing. In 1970, we moved into a 500 year old farmhouse. I was 2 years old, and was happily oblivious to the following events:-

1. Footsteps coming from upstairs when no one was there.

2. The ballcock for the cold water tank was jammed down with a piece of wood to cause an overflow.

3. My brother (late teens, but sensible) felt his bed rocking one night, and jumped onto the window sill.

4. My sister awoke when she thought her mattress was being rolled up; this stopped when she recited the Lord's Prayer.

5. My grand mother felt her nose being pinched by icy-cold fingers one night

The final event happened when some building worjk was being done. The builder's moved a grandfather clock which had been bought from the previous owner of the house. For some reason, my parents always thought the clock had something to do with these happenings. The next morning, during summer, my mother was walking across a concrete yard and was pushed hard against a blockwork wall, breaking her wrist; no one else was nearby.

My parents are very down to earth, and are not prone to flights of fancy.

Edited by Bear68

Don't believe in ghosts but....

Many years ago I was crossing a field very late on a misty night. I saw a white thing floating towards me. I was petrified and cleared a five foot fence from a standing jump to get away. When I turned to check what I'd seen I realised it was only the white stripe down the face of a cow and the whole herd were coming over to check me out.

of all the story's i have read so far ; this would have scared me the most :blush: (a very healthy fear of cows :o )

at uni I lived in an old terraced house in south wales, after a heavy night of cheap beer, a few of us were sat in the kitchen, which was at the back of the house, i saw out the corner of my eye someone walk down the hall and up the stairs, mate saw it too - we thought it was our housemate.... until he walked in the front door later on, nobody else was in..

another one: did a load of work to our house, loo downstairs was re-fitted, woke up at 3am could hear running water - hot tap on full blast, room filled with steam, got an uneasy feeling about it - happened once more about a month later, my wife did some research and then 'asked' whatever it was to leave.

I apologise, I have heard many stories but since I have never experienced anything myself I'll keep to being a sceptic. I have enough trouble keeping up with the real world without having to worry about another ;)

Cosd.

Know what you mean,however ...... Many years ago watching Margaret Thatches making a speach in the House of Commons and I thought ....Christ she can't be for real.

When i was in secondary school a gang of us decided to walk through the cemetery..was about 8-9 of us..as we were walking towards the main gate to our front a few lads decided they needed a pee...anyway as they were peeing they seen a figure ..man with dark coat top hat and walking stick gliding about 6inches above ground face was black...coming from there left and my right as there backs were facing gate...one lad peed his pants as he struggled..lol..they all turned and ran past us towards main gate..just before we reached the gate we all then seen the figure on our left again gliding towards us...now all 8-9 of us seen this and as we climbed over the gate a walker buy grabbed the slowest guy guy who peed himself who was now shaking rather wet and terrified..how you explain that.

Second time was many yrs ago in the army at the tower of London...me and a mate at night having a sly ciggi..when a dark shadowy figure came walking down the steps of the tower we thought as our boss so quickly put ciggi's out and then figure just faded away in front of us..

Another time again at tower me and another guy each side of a archway we were stood in the sentry boxes in day light we heard a chain being dragged..which was getting louder and louder coming from inside the archway which has a allyway running through it..the chain noise came from behind getting louder upto when it reached us then went past and to out front...No one there and no chain..??

Heard another guy again stood in sentry box had a woman in old clothing approach him he shouted halt who goes there..and the woman who he could see from the shins up went straight through him and the box into the wall behind him..explain that ??

Edited by barrelsniffer