Scope for .17 hmr

rwade545

Hi all and firstly thanks for your help with making the decision to invest in a cz 455 thumbhole with a 16inch heavy barrel. the card that the gun came with from cz showed an incredibly tight pattern with all holes toughing. I want to get a scope that can help me to attempt to get as close th the full potential from the rifle as possible. Looking at a few different scopes and wondering what people are using on theirs. Are the nikko gameking with illuminted reticles 6-25x50 and good? would a 10-50 night eater be overkill? want some thing good but trying to keep a bugect of bout 150 max in mind.

Thanks once again.

If you can,try and have a look at some of the Nikon Prostaff range. I've got a 3-9x40 on my hmr and a 4-12x40 BDC on my Rapid. I think they're a sharp, lightwieght, simple scope that are good value for money. On magnification,it's a personal thing. With the hmr I shoot using x9,but I don't really shoot out much farther than 100yds. I would probably want a bit more magnification if I was to push out to 150yds though.

Edited by the enigma

Hi all and firstly thanks for your help with making the decision to invest in a cz 455 thumbhole with a 16inch heavy barrel. the card that the gun came with from cz showed an incredibly tight pattern with all holes toughing. I want to get a scope that can help me to attempt to get as close th the full potential from the rifle as possible. Looking at a few different scopes and wondering what people are using on theirs. Are the nikko gameking with illuminted reticles 6-25x50 and good? would a 10-50 night eater be overkill? want some thing good but trying to keep a bugect of bout 150 max in mind.

Thanks once again.

As above. MTC are very good for the money, I have a Hawke on my 22 and can't complain about that and it was half your budget

I've an MTC viper 4-16x50 Illuminated if you need one... Just PM me

For that money a second hand 3-9X 40 VX1 leupold if you can find one would be my choice and should be about that price point. To be honest you will get a lot more out of the gun if you stetched out with better quality glass and reliable return to zero turrets, but if the budjet wont stretch.

I had a Nikko Nighester 6-24x56 on it for a year, and to be fair it was too big.

I've now got a 6-18x50 night eater which suits it much better. As others have said a bit of magnification is really handy as the round is capable of rabbits at 200 yards, and they get pretty small at that distance!

Thanks once again.

My CZ 455 Hmr with a MTC Viper 6x24x56 ontop of it. The scope isnt too big and suits the brifle well plus second hand should be well in your budget. Mine cost £140. :good:

P5070067.jpg

I've an MTC viper 4-16x50 Illuminated if you need one... Just PM me

PM sent

For a little bit more I've got a Leupold vx1 4-12x40 for sale. Pm if interested.

Regards Phil

Thanks for the offer but don't think i will be able to stretch any further.

If you can,try and have a look at some of the Nikon Prostaff range. I've got a 3-9x40 on my hmr and a 4-12x40 BDC on my Rapid. I think they're a sharp, lightwieght, simple scope that are good value for money. On magnification,it's a personnel thing. With the hmr I shoot using x9,but I don't really shoot out much farther than 100yds. I would probably want a bit more magnification if I was to push out to 150yds though.

:good: :good: :good:

Can't fault mine, cracking little scopes