shooting foot wear

Paul223

I find a good back stop is more neccassary than usual for shooting boots, so avoid shooting them off the tops of fenceposts or horizon shots etc.

The last time I tried it I painted one of them white and was able to see it out of the bedroom window well after dark.

Old boots are the best ones for shooting. :D

Edited by Dave-G

I have wide feet and picked up a pair of Harkila Mountain GTX 8" boots at a very good price.

After having worn them for lots of short periods they have broken in nicely and are very comfortable.

The Harkila footbeds weren't much cop for my feet though, so i ditched them and put in some from my old Salomons and they are now much better.

Musto Buckden's are the dogs dangley's -- wide fittin, Gortex, zipped, and SOOO comfortable, you get what you pay for !

I wouldn't class them as wide fitting :no: I'm a 8.5 but have wide feet so normally go for a 9, I attempted to try on some buckdens but couldn't even get in a 10.

I wear Meindl burmas which are very good, tiny bit narrow to start off with but have bedded in nicely, the Meindl Dovre extreme are a wide fit so that's gonna be my next treat to my self.

I would go for the lowa heavy boots but very good o had mine for 6 years still going strong and that's including 2 trips to the desert for them

I would go for the lowa heavy boots but very good o had mine for 6 years still going strong and that's including 2 trips to the desert for them

LeChameau Mouflon Plus. thats my choice. have had a pair for 5 seasons, use them all yesr for walking the dogs. expensive but good value.

+1 for these...had mine for two years, tho, mine are the Mouflon Kevlar variety...LOVE them, dry and warm feet after every shoot...:) Expensive, but well worth the money...:)

A cheaper option is a pair of second hand German army para boots.

I've got a pair about a month ago from ebay or Amazon as general garden/garage/shooting boot and am they're brilliant.

Already broken in, comfortable, plenty of ankle support etc.

Cost about £30 including postage so they don't owe me much.

Nial.