Rifle rest for batch testing

Cumbrian

Love the MTM, use it for rf and cf as well as maintenance of all guns.

Many thanks for the confirmation.

Although I use a heavy duty cast iron Cauldwell rest for this type of shooting I did make this which is cheap and adjustable.

th_CopyofFrontrest2007.jpg

Many thanks for the recommendation and the clever idea, which I might be able to copy as I have such a jack lying spare.

After years of denying the need to buy a bipod I had a go with a mates 308 on some targets. Edgar brothers bipod on the front and a bag on the stock, takes all the 'you' factor out of ammo testing and zeroing. Now have the same, testing new ammo has never been easier (or accurate).

Probably referring to this:

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/637/111302/mtm-case-gard-k-zone-shooting-rest-mtksr/

or the one that doubles up as a cleaning support.

I would just use a bipod and a bag, or for a .22 your fist under the butt

I have found that shooting off the bipod from a solid bench doesn't work too well for me, even though I only use puny rimfires. I can hear the bipod twang and move and groups aren't good, last weekend I was getting 3/4" at 50 metres when I know I can get that at 100m prone on grass. Bags are the way forward here.

I have the MTM & find it excellent,however it is very light & possibly because of I found it took a little experimenting with "hold" to get the best out of it.Overall bags take a lot to beat but the MTM is much more convenient & quick to set up.I can't get the same accuracy from a bipod & rear bag from a bench or car bonnet,although I can prone on ground which surely means my shooting technique needs some improvement.