Swimming in sea

ozzy518

Chlorine is your friend.

Mr hanky is not your friend.

I disagree.

Public swimming baths are a hot bed of germs. Went to Centre Parcs once, both kids got ear infections, never again. All those germy kids weeing in the pool :rolleyes:

Took the family to Lowestoft yesterday. Had a lovely day doing seaside stuff. I had a swim in the sea but this morning have got a really sore throat. Am I going to die.

Did you take a bite from one of the floating 'Mars bars'? <_<

That would certainly give you a sore throat.

I disagree.

Public swimming baths are a hot bed of germs. Went to Centre Parcs once, both kids got ear infections, never again. All those germy kids weeing in the pool :rolleyes:

That's because centre parcs is the nearest some get to a wash when you look at some of the clientele there! Chlorine don't cut it.

After watching a programme on tv about sewerage being discharged into the sea after heavy rains surfers were up in arms about it because local authorities dont have to say when it happens. I wouldn't be swimming in it.

Something to do with the water treatment plants not being able to cope so raw sewage straight in to sea yuck, have a look online.

Figgy

:lol::lol::lol: gixer ,mate your spending to much time in the land of the free :good:

You still over there ?

I'm going back in a few weeks,another six months of sun,sand and have a nice day

Got back yeaterday mate, hence the reason I'm posting at rediculous hours of the night for the next week - jet lag seems to get me pretty bad!

I'll be back there in October/november and hopefully it'll have cooled down a bit - average was around 104 for the last 3 weeks I was there! this is also the first time I've noticed the sacada phenomenon - what a noise!

I fully admit I love the US - I was online this morning trying to buy Barq's root beer and Lays kettle cooked hale peni flavour crisps - found the Barq's but no lays jalapeño :( - so if you know of anywhere I can get these let me know! Yum!

I would be the size of a house if I lived there permanently!

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1