Brand new Side by Side help

briareos

Hello there folks.

I am just looking into brand new side by sides (without much success) can anyone point me in the direction of a good (but cheap) side by side. Shame hatsan dont make one :(

I have seen the 'Stoeger Uplander' on an american site but cant fine one here in the uk.

can anyone help or have any ideas.

would pefer not to have used gun as can rarely be 100% with them (in my experience)

Many thanks

-briareos

PS must be 12g and ejector

im just wondering if thee is some kind of new sbs Hatsan equivalent (excuse spelling)

as i would really like another sbs but would rather have a little bit of a garuntee that if it broke the parts wouldnt have to be made for me or the gun sold/destroyed etc :)

A the risk of derailing the thread if you can get a decent SxS (such as an AYA) from a reasonably well known source you're far more likely to have success with that if budget is an issue.

The very cheap end of most new guns just isn't worth bothering with. Most people I know that have gone down the cheap but new route (Pointer, 612 etc) have regretted it.

Just my 2p worth. Good luck.

I hate to sound like the tightest person who ever lived but as little as poss as it will be a bit of a workhorse. and appart fom being cleaned and oiled will recieve very little love.

You may be better getting a rough second hand one then,and a service by a good gunsmith. That way you would have a better quality gun and piece of mind even though it may look a little rough. Good luck.

Edited by Albert 888

Loads of choice including Winchester, BSA,Miroku, AYA all under £500, remember a new £500 gun is a £400 gun with VAT a used £500 gun can be a £1000+ when made.....Ugaretcha and Lauruna worth a look for a new gun but I would look for a clean English boxlock that will appreciate......

For a workhorse Baikals take some beating. Not sure what they cost new, they shouldn't be much.

As your after something as cheap as possible, and it's going to be used not polished, and the only reason your after new is to get something reliable, I'd suggest getting a used Baikal in good tight condition. They rarely go wrong, and you can buy one and take it to a gunsmith and get it fully serviced (give you peace of mind) for less than a new gun will cost you, and the end result will be at least as good a gun and a bit of spare cash.

Yep bought a Baikal 43em SxS last month, like new at £240 and I truly can't fault it, ok it's a bit rough round the edges ie. put next to my Laurona you can see the difference in quality of finish in the checkering and engraving but the build quality feels as good if not better. I also hit a lot more with it which helps lol. And true it really does feel as though you could use it to hit in nails and no damage would be done.

Edited by Trevorevans

I had an 1960s AYA No3, tatty but sound, it cost £100 from a dealer. It was tight, reliable and well made - why spend 5 times as much on a new gun that won't perform any better ? I'd still have it if my son hadn't taken a shine to it ( that's the story of my life in one sentence :santa: ).

What is your budget?

For '£500 a boxlock non ejector british gun is the way I would recommend......would be surprised if you lost money on it and will be perfect for what you want.non ejectors are v cheap/great value at the mo and ejectors are totally over rated for anything other than driven days.........If Hatson did make a s x s I bet it would be worth 60% of purchase price the moment you get it outside the gun shop........do not see the point in going new at cheap end of market.atb.

Stamford 12 gauge 27.5" R/H £450 New SHROPSHIRE

Yildiz Elegant Wildfowler 12 gauge 30" R/H £550 New Essex

Yildiz Magnum Ejector 12 gauge 30" R/H £795

New

Kent

camera-icon.png Ugartechea Boxlock 12 gauge 28" R/H £1095 New Gloucestershire

ALL FOR SALE ON GUN TRADER PRICE LOWEST FIRST

Edited by malantone