Men's trap qualifier results

HDAV

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks found it on another app ed ling in 15th on 72 Michael diamond top on 75! So far top 6 are all 74+!!!!!!! Looks like ed will need to straight it tomorrow and hope a few others slip up! To stand a chance of qualifying!

Edited by HDAV

well Michael Diamond had a nightmare

doesnt drop any in the build up setting a new record and misses out on medal

:shaun:

WHAT?

Just found results! The man who qualified 6th wins gold! Can't wait to watch it when I get home that's an incredible result, diamond must be gutted!!! Wonder what happened to him?

Edited by HDAV

Just got round to watching the Mens Trap final and seen diamond fall apart in the last 5 clays.....What I am wondering is why no second shots were taken? I thought OT had full use of the gun but didnt see any take a second shot? Unless i was too slow to see or hear it.......

Qualification full use? Why not make it single only like the us single discipline?

Originally the event was 200 targets, full use of gun, without final. The final, with full use of gun, was then introduced but the results of the qualifying rounds were carried forward otherwise the shoot -offs would have taken forever. The course of fire was reduced to 125 targets with final and full use of gun and then after the 2004 Olympic Games the single barrel final was introduced to make it more interesting and to get a result quicker.

Cartridge loads through the years have been reduced from 32gm to 28gm and now 24gm.

Double Trap was introduced by the ISSF in the 90's as a cheap method of getting more countries to compete. The physical construction of the layout is cheaper and originally only two traps were used one static and one ABT trap which provided a changing angle and elevation for each shot. This proved interesting but unfair to shoot as if you were unlucky you copped the ABT target crossing the static target. This was soon changed to the system in use until after this Olympics which is three traps, throwing two targets to three different schemes.

The knock on from this wonderful new discipline, which hasn't been the success worldwide the ISSF hoped for, was that Olympic Trap lost the 'Olympic' from it and is known at the Olympics as trap. Those who have no heritage in the sport often ask the question if you shoot Double Trap there's two clays and two shots why should Trap have the one clay and two shots. The reason is it's a damn sight harder than Double Trap to shoot.

Unfortunately the meddlers (IOC and ISSF combined) seem to rule and there's more changes to come with the introduction of semi finals and finals for the next Olympic cycle and I'm sure it won't be too long after that before the course of fire is reduced to 75 targets, one shot only, 21gms and having to stand on one leg to shoot.

Edited by PhilR

Thnaks phil I found it interesting that some of the OT competitor also shot the DT competiton (aldehani) yet the brits didn't, I didnt know DT came from "a cheaper" set up, I thought it was a different use of the OT 15 trap set up "bunker" I shot OT once............. and thought DT was the "hardest discipline as it was effectively a sim pair of OT birds!

Can't find it yet but the minimum qualifying scores for ISSF events are lower for OT than DT OT 112, DT 118, Skeet 114........

Havign read the rules it seems they are the same or can be, as DT uses the the 3 traps infront of stand 3

6.3.21.1 The Trap Pit

Trap ranges are most commonly adapted to Double Trap

competition by using the center group of traps, numbers 7, 8 and

9, directly in front of Station 3. See Double Trap Rules.

http://www.issf-sports.org/documents/rules/2009/english/pdf/ISSFRuleBook2009-en-3rd.pdf

The rules state the clay must land 76m +/-1m from the trap max elevation 45 degrees.... It's all quite complex! but seems the clay speeds are the same but you know whats coming....

Edited by HDAV

I know we must all feel gutted Diamond didn't get a medal, but he has won loads in the past and should a wife beater really win a medal, i know this sort of practice is common place in oz, probably something we exported in the colonial days, i know it was fairly common in my youth but women are more liberated these days and won't take this sort of ****, like Diamonds wife didn't and divorced him.

Dennis the menace

Phil, it really is disgusting that Sporting has never been put forward as an Olympic discipline, one of the biggest sports in the World has never had any real representation in this sport, you read the Olympic Charter and all the other government documents on sports and our rights are enshrined in all these charters, yet we have never got to the starting blocks......The worst one is Fitasc who strung us all along only for Palinkas to state recently that its not there intention to be part of the Olympic framework, they don't want to see fitasc sporting or Compak taken out of our control and handed over to a non representitive body.

If a legal challenge was made in the European law courts , the I.O.C would lose, All we need is a proper legal fund started.

Dennis

I know we must all feel gutted Diamond didn't get a medal,

Surprised more than gutted! Gutted a Brit didn't make the final! In anything except DT!

It's been interesting watching and learning and being at the Skeet final has encouraged my desire shoot some skeet.....

EDIT: Does anyone know why David Oates : BBC Radio 5 Live was doing the commentary? Does he shoot? Or who the couple warming the crowd up at the Arsenal were?

Edited by HDAV