Cotswold Crayfishing BBQ / Picnic idea

Thunderbird

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBQ, crayfish, meet with the lads, entertainment by Terry.......I would be up for this, as always I can only commit close to the time due to work commitments. I'll keep an eye on the thread using the new "follow this thread" feature :yes:

How very kind. I live near Stow on the Wold. The water would be the Windrush.

Crikey the ******* are in there as well...Upstream or downstream from Burford?? I used to fish the Windrush a lot when I was a lad ...down stream from the Fox at Barrington towards Sherbourne.

Ive just come from 6 hours fishing the Thames at Lechlade and all I caught was The CRAYS mean looking sons of as well :lol: Those pincers pack quite a nip..

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Crikey the ******* are in there as well...Upstream or downstream from Burford?? I used to fish the Windrush a lot when I was a lad ...down stream from the Fox at Barrington towards Sherbourne.

Ive just come from 6 hours fishing the Thames at Lechlade and all I caught was The CRAYS mean looking sons of as well :lol: Those pincers pack quite a nip..

A friend owns the exact stretch to which you refer. Another friend has taken over the duties of 'managing' the crays but to little avail. He runs the catching and selling as a business. When I last saw him he had caught several hundred in a few hours. There is no chance whatsoever that they will ever be eradicated from the Windrush now.

A friend owns the exact stretch to which you refer. Another friend has taken over the duties of 'managing' the crays but to little avail. He runs the catching and selling as a business. When I last saw him he had caught several hundred in a few hours. There is no chance whatsoever that they will ever be eradicated from the Windrush now.

Thats a shame the windrush is a superb stretch of water..hopefully the Brown trout will grow big on them though... I know the area well...sunk many a pint at the Fox, scored plenty of runs against Windrush and a fair few goals for Sherbourne Rovers when I was a teenager.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

...and I like the name.

OK so we have a potential venue, or it looks like me might. Good darts JDog. Now can we light a gurt big fire and cook 'em?

I suspect that our small scale 'picnic' may have grown too large for this venue which is right outside the 'big house' and is therefore quite private. Can we see likely numbers before I approach the owner?

Considering an alternative venue, or venues, might pay dividends if we are denied access.

Grew up in Burford - fished the Windrush there for years. Just proper native crayfish then - but that was over 35 years ago. Still drive over occasionally to let the dogs have a swim. Funny but the River looks so much smaller now