Norfolk Autumn Flush

hitclays

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one Alan

and to the people that just did not turn up shame on you a quick text or call is all it takes

Its so annoying when that happens, people go to a lot of effort to sort these things out,

To just not turn up with no texts or calls is just bad manners

Well done to all that did turn up...

now Mungler we need to see those pictures

:shaun:

Massive thanks to Al & Mel, ably assisted by John & Nicky Hassall for their hardy, selfless organisation and running of the day.

These guys worked their Bu**s off for the enjoyment of others and I was saddened to hear that the weather had put quite a number of attendees off from coming, causing more last minute rearrangements for the team.

Great targets as usual, Al, despite the windy conditions causing you a lot of late changes overnight,

Our team all agreed that you have a direct line to the weather Gods with the sunshine and clear blue skies topping off a great day out for those that came.

Finally a big thanks to Chas, Chris and Ashley for their company around the shoot as Team 4 with Bakerboy, Tel's stand in help at short notice to help us achieve a five away on the second time around on the Flush.

John at the pub did a great job on the comestible front, even supplying take away portions of the Chilli!

Roll on the next PW Beeston Bash!

Great day Alan, thank you. As Arnie says I'll be back.

Thanks to the Chimp too for showing his team how to straight stand 2 on the sporting - that was totally unexpected.

well ... :w00t: :unsure:

a nice 31/50 round..was very happy with that..stand 5 ruined the scorecard

Edited by leeds chimp

I blame Evil Elvis... What were the final scores on the doors?

I'll upload the one or 2 I have, thought you got a couple of my lovely face Mungler. Censorship for the benefit of the masses?!

Yeah Bazzer shot like a homo and let himself down very badly.

gave it the full on Ben10 and went hero time with my pump - my face is feeling it now; I look like I've got the mumps.

The team flush if i remember we came third overall and your guys were 1 clay behind....

as for the sporting they called about the top 10 scores starting at 38...........me and miffy had 38 mung had 40 and it was won by clive with 43 if i remember right.

i wonder if hit clays can add the scores onto here

you meen the full on Tackle berry mung cha chink.

Edited by SPARKIE

Fantastic day yesterday - no-one can complain about the conditions, it was the same for everyone just some dealt with it better than others and real pigeon shooters shouldn't have a problem with shooting in a howling gale. When the sun eventually did come out, there were people moaning that they couldn't see the targets - hey ho, you just can't please everyone.....

I am in the process of sorting out the 500+ pics that I took yesterday, obviously there is a certain amount of editing involved to make sure you all look your best but they should be available to view/purchase this evening on www.photoboxgallery.com/nicolahassall - the pics from previous PW flushes are also on this website - if you want to view the slideshow, open each page one at a time and let the thumbnails load first so that the gallery is 'open', then the slideshow will run.

Thanks to John, Jules and Becca in the Ploughshare for looking after us all again so admirably, and obviously to Alan and Mel for running yet another cracking day. Nick13's hen pheasant looks great on my wall (thanks Stu!!) and the auction for Mr Countryside Lass's skinned/dressed muntjac raised another few quid for the PW Charity Different Strokes.

Alan's big Christmas shoot is but a few weeks away (check the website www.fairclaytargets.co.uk) so there's another opportunity for you PW'ers to come and play on a 100 bird sporting layout with the special 'Hit a flash clay and win a turkey' stand as well as a mega raffle in the pub aferwards........you never know, Chimp may even score another 10..........

A great day out again, really enjoyed it, and the wind made it really testing! Although i have to apologise to PhilR and Bakerboy for directing them towards Norfolk, completely the opposite direction to where we wanted to go on the way back! :no:

Thanks

Alistair

It was Norwich you were directing us to, we were in Norfolk you numpty. I think next time we'll leave you in the car whilst the rest of us test out the local brews.

Hi guys, i would just like to say thanks to all that attended the Pigeon Watch flush.Quite a few had journeys of over 2 hours to get to the shoot yet dispite some dodgy weather all arrived on time.The thing that ****** me off is even though people had their names down for months and confirmed they were coming less than 10 days ago so i could put everyone into teams/do the score cards/bring and load enough clays/sleep out in the field over night to guard the traps,68 cancelled in the last 5 days and even worse 18 just didnt turn up, no phone call, no text .Rant over :mad:

80 shooters turned out on a blustery but dry day :thanks:

Results

50 bird sporting

1st Clive 44

Jt 2nd Chazzmeister 43

Keepersboy 43

4th Sean 42

5th Mungler 40

Only stand not straighted was number 5,but 5 shooters got 9 out of 10 on it.

4 man Flush

out of 150 as is the combined score of the first go at each flush

1st team 23 , 135

2nd team 2 , 133

3rd team 8 , 131

4th team 7 , 130

5th team 3 , 127

Highest flush scores

Flush 1 (from over hedge) team 23 70 ex 75

Flush 2 team 2 72 ex 75

After the shoot we had food in the Ploughshare Pub :drinks: thanks Jon :good:

Nick 13 donated a stuffed and mounted hen pheasant which made £60 and Mr Countryside lass donated a muntjac which made £50,so £ 110 is on its way to the Pigeon Watch Charity.Thanks to both of you :friends:

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

My Christmas shoot is on 16th December, its a 100 bird sporting over 12 stands and probably a flush.I will have 25 flash clays around the ground if you hit one you get a turkey,also prizes for 1st,2nd,3rd open,ladies,juniors.vets and a massive raffle in the Ploughshare Pub along with plenty of food cost £22.Its at the same location Watery Lane Beeston.Then its my Boxing Day shoot at same venue both 10am start.

Edited by hitclays

Alan, you are a superstar. You don't get to hear all of the positive comments about the shoot on the day, but so many people were so grateful and enjoyed the day immensely. The Essex Mafia and The Midland Monkeys were grinning all day, in part due to Miffy's shooting and the incessant pumping from Mungler, but also because of the well organised shoot and fun targets. Cheers old bean! (butt kiss over...the actual thought of that almost made me throw up in my mouth)

Edited by OddJob