Night out foxing

Shotgunspud

Hi all,

I have just got back from a family holiday to Egypt with the Mrs and 2 kids,, to bloody hot for me and nothing to shoot out there so glad to be back.

But as soon as the plain hit the tar mac I turned the phone to the sound of message after message and one of the first was a good mate of mine saying how he had been out the night i left and shot 9 foxes and was looking at going again Friday and do i fancy it? well no sooner had I ducked the first punch from the Mrs for agreeing and kissed the kids! 243 was In the truck and I was on my way. Now let me tell you about my mate Jeff, he has been lamping foxes in this area of Kent for 25 years and has shot more foxes then most have had hot dinners! if it's one thing we do have is lots of foxes this end and Jeff is out every Friday with out fail some year's he has taken up to 300, his set up is second to non and brand spanking new Land Rover Defender with full roof rack all set up for the job.

On arrival Jeff was waiting ready for the off! so no time waisted talking about the holiday we were off.

The first fox was within 5 mins of leaving his place on a bit of fresh cut wheat that fresh we past the combine coming out the field it was a nice 180meter starter with Jeff's 22.250 dropped on the spot. Then on to the next fox right along side the keepers game cover so number 2 fox hit the deck 120meters and so on the night went, final bag was 7 in total not the big big night we where looking for as not all the wheat is not of yet,, leaving so much cover making a easy escape for the fox but fingers crossed the wheat is off for next week for Jeff and the boys, I have stalking commitments but if i am free its well worth a run out with Jeff punch from the Mrs or no punch ( Glad she is not a Member of PW )

I dont know about any of you but numbers of foxes around us are on the up again Jeff and I where talking bags we had taken over the passed 3 years,, I was out with Jeff when we bagged 23 in one night but his record stands at 28 in 3 hours yes 28 one night. We saw 15 or so foxes on this night and that was the same bit on ground he shot the 9 on last week where are they coming from??

Just some photos of the night only 5 foxes in the photo last 2 shot on the way home.

post-10973-0-75199800-1345276530_thumb.jpg

post-10973-0-27438700-1345276463_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the night out Jeff,

Thanks for reading

SGS

Hi all,

I have just got back from a family holiday to Egypt with the Mrs and 2 kids,, to bloody hot for me and nothing to shoot out there so glad to be back.

But as soon as the plain hit the tar mac I turned the phone to the sound of message after message and one of the first was a good mate of mine saying how he had been out the night i left and shot 9 foxes and was looking at going again Friday and do i fancy it? well no sooner had I ducked the first punch from the Mrs for agreeing and kissed the kids! 243 was In the truck and I was on my way. Now let me tell you about my mate Jeff, he has been lamping foxes in this area of Kent for 25 years and has shot more foxes then most have had hot dinners! if it's one thing we do have is lots of foxes this end and Jeff is out every Friday with out fail some year's he has taken up to 300, his set up is second to non and brand spanking new Land Rover Defender with full roof rack all set up for the job.

On arrival Jeff was waiting ready for the off! so no time waisted talking about the holiday we were off.

The first fox was within 5 mins of leaving his place on a bit of fresh cut wheat that fresh we past the combine coming out the field it was a nice 180meter starter with Jeff's 22.250 dropped on the spot. Then on to the next fox right along side the keepers game cover so number 2 fox hit the deck 120meters and so on the night went, final bag was 7 in total not the big big night we where looking for as not all the wheat is not of yet,, leaving so much cover making a easy escape for the fox but fingers crossed the wheat is off for next week for Jeff and the boys, I have stalking commitments but if i am free its well worth a run out with Jeff punch from the Mrs or no punch ( Glad she is not a Member of PW )

I dont know about any of you but numbers of foxes around us are on the up again Jeff and I where talking bags we had taken over the passed 3 years,, I was out with Jeff when we bagged 23 in one night but his record stands at 28 in 3 hours yes 28 one night. We saw 15 or so foxes on this night and that was the same bit on ground he shot the 9 on last week where are they coming from??

Just some photos of the night only 5 foxes in the photo last 2 shot on the way home.

post-10973-0-75199800-1345276530_thumb.jpg

post-10973-0-27438700-1345276463_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the night out Jeff,

Thanks for reading

SGS

Nice bit of shooting….. :good:

We shot 5 in one field the other night off a different farm, as to where they have come from in my area around a sheep farm that 45 have come off since January is a lot to do with the white van dropping them off, because quite a few of the older ones took no notice of the lamp.

I can only guess that town foxes are doing so well that they will move out to find there own ground as there are only so many dustbin bags to tear open for a feed.

TEH

Good write up and good shooting

Thanks mate

Nice read Alex and a superb job on the foxes. Nay much wonder ground nesting species are struggling the now with the weather,badger and fox numbers.

Nail on the head there mate! hope all is well with you bud.

Cracking shooting lads that's how its done! Population on the up surprised there's any left with you boys about.

Keep at em fellas

Karpman

We will keep at them mate! thanks

Good shooting,any chance of a pic of that roof rack set up please

Mate the next time i am out with Jeff i will get you a load of photos and send them to you direct. it is a fantastic set up 180 spin round and a arm rest.

Good job keeping the numbers down. One of my shoots the land owner wants to leave the foxes be. Every time we shot a rabbit and put the lamp around there was always to be a fox near by. Never seen so many in previous years!