best pcp for around £400

Ryan gun

Brand new? I worked off he same budget and bought a Hatsan AT44-10, with synthetic stock. Came with full warranty, two 10 shot mags and a silencer for £285, an option of scope for a further £100. Been pleased with it, though followed review advice and used Accupells and made sure they were seated in the mag properly

31072012001.jpg

Dont touch a gunpower with a barge pole they are so unreliable that this is what blackpool airgun centre put on there website.

After many years of stocking Gunpower I think we have now got to the stage where we can´t make any more excuses for the shoddy service and generally terrible performance recently of these guns. Delays in repairs , bad attitudes and now to top it off, problem after problem with accuracy has put the nail in the coffin. We are discontinuing all the guns immediately

You really cant go wrong with airarms s200/400 or bsa ultra/ scorpion

been on gun trader and seen all sorts in my budget including s16's,scorpions and ultras also some various air arms.what about gunpower stealths and the logun s16's they look very good.

atb ryan

I used to have an s16evo in .177 and it was a great rifle,wish i had never sold it,but be warned carrying one round fields all night you will feel it,it's a solid rifle with some weight on it with a lamp on as well,but it was very accurate on bunnies,the evo is better than the s16s.

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-air-rifle/logun-s16-evo.shtml

Edited by welsh1

As previously mentioned the Hatsan AT44 is a cracking rifle and within your price range new...

Secondhand, how about an HW100? You can find the mark ones (ie non quickfills) going for around the £300 mark if you shop hard enough, they are superb rifles, heavy but good, accurate as a very accurate accurate thing.

BSA Super 10, the poor mans Rapid, superb shot count, regulated and a decent trigger, not quite as high end as the 100, but every bit as reliable.

Daystate X2, Huntsman Classic, yes you can pick these up for about £300 secondhand, cracking rifles, can be slightly fiddly loading a .177 if you have fat fingers (like mine) as the pellets can take a bit of prodding to seat properly, easy fix is to use a prodder to get them to sit properly, a cocktail stick is fine!

BSA Ultra, a great gun, problem is a Marmite loading and cocking system, the same will go for the Hornet PCP as well (which is what the Ultra evolved from). Some people like the Ultra loading and cocking system, some people (me included) hate it. I owned one for 3 weeks, reliable, accurate, I had it set up, zeroed in and made the first kill with it in under 20 minutes, but I hated that MMC system so I sold it back to the gun shop and bought a secondhand Super 10 instead.

BSA Scorpion. Oh what the Ultra could have been if fitted with a bolt. The action is like a mini R10, superb, accurate, nice weapon.

Get out there try a few, go to your local gun shops and see what feels right to you, the person who will be shooting it!

This is a little unbelievable I know but I've just got in from work, a mate on the earlier shift knows I like to shoot and told me he has a BSA Super 10 for sale.

Great condition with stirrup pump, and he's looking around the £400 mark :good:

This was just in passing so give me a shout if you want more info, I said I'd put the gun up for sale on here when he gives me pics and exactly whats on offer.

There you go get in touch with the OP, send him a PM, show him the beauty of the BSA, they are cracking rifles and it comes with a pump so he can keep topped up as well!

I'll do just that.

I know very little about these rifles but have heard good things. This chap is trustworthy so when he says it's good it will be.

As soon as I've got pics and more info it'll be going up here, with OP having first refusal, seems fair.

I'd go for a AA S410 or Daystate Mk3/Huntsman for that kind of money. Both ultra accurate, reliable and well built without being too heavy. I've owned both (have a Mk3 rather than a Huntsman but essentially the same gun) along with a BSA Ultra, a Scorpion, a HW100 (great gun but man it's heavy!) and a Logun S16s (never got on with that gun) and would go for the Daystate over the S410 but only because it's electronic trigger and quality sound mod makes it feel just slightly more refined.

I'd happily have either though.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Each to their own mate, I've owned two BSA's, one was a John Bowkett tuned Ultra tactical. Just didn't really gel with either of them, the Ultra was just too light and unsubstantial, even though it was blueprinted you still felt every vibration through it and it seemed to move with just a puff of wind, not my cup of tea. As such my preference lies with the two stated.

That said, a Super 10 with scope and pump for 400 quid is a decent deal and he may well love it.

Edited by -Mongrel-