Any sign of the pinks yet

cumbrian top shot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't be far away it will prob depend on the winds that will bring them in, one of my good friends was shooting pinks over decoys in aberdeenshire last year in mid september off strathbeg, can't wait to start seeing an hearing them again an hopefully get a few, not long now until it all starts again so hope every one has good season.

Well if thats true its good to hear stirky, one of the things we do is log on to rspb's loch of strathbeg near fraserburgh and they usually post when they start to arrive saying numbers coming in and a rough approx whats roosting on the loch it can get up to 60,000+ at peak times before alot of them start heading south.

I had a link last season for montrose basin, if you clicked the link it took you to the live web cams, that was interesting viewing to see what was about and which direction the pinks were heading in the mornings and afternoon feeds.

I will try and find it.

The first pinks have just reached the N Norfolk Coast with a small skien of 15 seen today.

Fantastic news! Look forward to hearing/seeing some myself, cant wait to get up at 4.15 saterday for my first flight of the season! :yahoo:

I made a note of seeing the first skein on the 15th October last season and the 10th October season before that.

The pinks are a little late this season , I usualy see the first in N Norfolk by the opening day of the season and have shot them by the 5th. By the end of September there can be several thousand present , though last year they were very late arriving in any numbers.

Edited by anser2

Starting to see a few skiens and birds feeding on the stubbles now the harvest has started, even saw some Canada yesterday on the fields bordering the Cromarty Firth, usual date for the big squadrons passing over is the third week September, course all depending on the wind direction.

Bod