Awesome! Lancaster fly-past

Thunderbird

My lovely Mrs has bought me a taxi ride (sadly only on the ground) in a Lanc for my birthday, I went inside the BBMF Lanc about 40 yrs ago when I was 10 and thought it was very small inside then so it'll be interesting to see what it's like for a fat 50 yr old.

Edited by poppythedog

My lovely Mrs has bought me a taxi ride (sadly only on the ground) in a Lanc for my birthday, I went inside the BBMF Lanc about 40 yrs ago when I was 10 and thought it was very small inside then so it'll be interesting to see what it's like for a fat 50 yr old.

In Just Jane? at east kirby?

Had them fly down the Firth of Forth past my parents house a few years ago when they were dong a flypast at a local event and I have just read they are doing the same again this year. It was a Lancaster, Spitfire and a Hurricane that time and was the best sound ever.

As we are under the flightpath for Edinburgh Airport we used to get Concorde flying over now and then. What a noise that made but it was a great sight and one that I will sadly miss. Just sorry my plane daft 4 year old won't see it fly over although he has seen and been on it in the museum.

fond childhood memories lived at doncaster as a boy summers were spent watching BBMF training for finningley air show ,lanc ,spits hurricane ,red arrows superb watching em as the merlin engines roared overhead ,35 years ago glad there still flying and making people happy

We have Chinooks over all the time out of RAF Odiham. They loaned one to the CCF at my son's school speech day for them to mount an "attack" and deliver a new flag to mark the centenary of the school. Presumably the RAF supplied the pilot!

The RAF also offer visits to local Scout groups etc. which the kids love.

Nick

I've seen the flight - Lanc, spit and hurri fly over here once, enroute another airshow maybe.

So evocative of those wartime summers - made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up too !

Always reminds me of the numbers who died - when i see them - truly a memorial flight.

Had a B17 fly low and slow over a park beside my house some years ago when my son was small, he circled to let the kids see (and this big kid) he was very low as he banked and a guy waved from an open side door. Umm sons 40 must have been around 30 years ago!.

Love all those WW2 aircraft and sounds they make.

Now I feel old :(

Edited by deny essex

I know it is not the same, but this year we went to Florida and visited the Kennedy Space center, they have a great display there of a Saturn Rocket but before you enter that part of the building they have the launch control center, all the actual stations lit up, they do a countdown with all the actual voices and lights going, as the countdown nears the end you feel the rumble of the rockets starting and the power of it is just brilliant, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and made me emotional and I am not usually like that, the Kennedy Space Center is a brilliant place to visit, finally talked my wife to go this year as she always said it sounded boring ??!! She LOVED it.

I do not know why my post was underlined ?

Edited by onefulham

If in Florida, any airplane nut should visit Kermit Weeks's Fantasy of Flight at Polk City. The man himself is often there and demonstrating aircraft in his collection. At Kissimmee Municipal Airport you can take a ride in a T6 Texan (known here as the Harvard) or with big $$$ fly in a 2 seat P51 Mustang.

Nick

Where is this place and any idea of cost? I might have just found the old man's birthday present !