seen as we as shooters are brain washing children into mindless animal killing i thought id post my 2p worth.

my son joshua, he's 3 and a bit and actually enjoys tagging along when i go out. he comes rabbiting,lamping,crow shooting, practising ect and come to collect eggs/feed chickens and turkeys and comes to the wood when im logging up and he has his own quad. he is currently walking the mile round trip down stubble fields to the ponds to feed up the ducks. for a 3 year old he knows quite a bit and can tell the difference between ducks/pigeons/crows/geese/owls and always notices when there are animals about. and he gets plenty of fresh air, away from dvds and tv. when he hears the cabinet door he comes running thru with his wellies shouting 'im comming'. and he knows when i miss, a miss is usually followed by a 'daddy missed' from the back of the car.

jaffa.jpg

jaffa12.jpg

cokecan034.jpg

ja.jpg

Finished with 3 foxes and 20 odd rabbits. He fell asleep in the back of the jimny. Gixer. I've never explained death. He's Always seen rabbits/ducks/deer/geese hung in the garage. I know he knows there dead, because he tells me but I don't think he actually understands.

Kes, I am proud of him. But not as proud as he is of himself. I had some old hornet ammo to fire of. I set up a paper target and aimed the rifle and he pulled the trigger. I took the target down, screwed it up and threw it into the car. He proceeded to un ravel it, show me the holes and showed mummy and granddad at home to. He was most upset that I had screwed it up.

my stepson is swings and roundabouts about it. One minute, he hears a pheasant, and asks, can we go shoot it? Next minute its, you make me sad cos you shoot animals... I try hard to play it right though, and when he complains, its only because hes angry about somethign else...

Glad to see you and your son get on so well, and hope he continues to grow in his interest of the sport!

My boy comes out with me too, he is four and his young eyes are far better at spotting squirrels than me so he is very handy to have around! He is not bothered by dead stuff and understands fully, I'm just not allowed to shoot fluffy baby bunnies! I can not stand all these poor kids stuck indoor playing bleddy video games!!!

I have said it before and I say it again, why not have a junior section on Pigeon Watch "Squabs" I have a grandson "handlebar2" and many others of us have youngsters in tow. This could keep them interested, be a place to pass things on, and be educational as well.

Good idea baker boy, Mods please take note that's quite a good suggestion,

Atb flynny