If you were stuck up in the wilderness and were going to be there for

COLINSRI

OK, Grisly Adams style question. Your gonna be up in the hills for a few years, what rifle do you take?

I guess it would have to be a self contained rifle rather than pcp!!!! Perhaps you disagree.

Personally I would take my TX200 as it is rugged as hell and doesn't appear to go wrong, ever. Second choice would be my Theoben Fenman gasram, but worry that if the gasram went wrong I would not beable to fix it.

What would you take? One rifle only.

Can you not shoot bears and wolves with an air rfile? ;)

I think the basic idea was to get up all close and personal like then whack them over the head with the gun ?

What use would an air rifle be in the wilderness ?, there wouldn't be a street light in sight and certainly no corner shops to go and hold up at gunpoint.

I think I'd take my webley axsor and the Hill's pump, but only as long as I could take tools and spare 'O' rings and stuff to maintain it.

If I really had a choice though, it would be my CZ 425 and 10,000 rounds of Eley Subsonic. I suspect that with a little oil and a few rags, I'd be able to feed myself for a lifetime then. The model I have also has rugged and very accurate iron sights. I whipped off the scope and tried it over 60 yards. They are bang on for elevation, but the groups were a bit bigger for obvious reasons. That way, if I broke my scope, I'd still be able to use it albeit that I would need to be a little closer so as not to spoil the meat with body shots.

How about an airgun which is a springer (no air in the wilderness for PCP) and one where you can affix a bayonet? :yp:

yep i would take the Mrs's SMK super XS19. not to shoot out with cos it's **** but never the less it would burn well and keep me warm and i could use the barrel to bash stuff with :good:

well i would say tx200 hc i had one i realy hate myself for selling it BUT it dont matter aslong as you have a knife, you can do so much with a knife you realy would need one to get by. Then if the gun breaks you can go all rambo and make traps and hunt with your knife. i think we have all got what it takes to survive if put in that situation its eather that or die so i would go all rambo if i was stuck in the wilderness.

The Gibbon