Help needed with my wife

rimfire4969

a dog is for life NOT WHEN YOU NEED A NEW TOY to take shooting shame on you

Sorry completely lost on what you are trying to say. My collie is a family pet we have had her since she was a pup. I am not going to have her put down so I can get a new dog. I have looked at my posts and as far as I can see I did not say it anywhere.

Mind you if a decent pup came along near to me I might be tempted.

or you could grow a pair and put your foot down.

Bet yours is a happy marriage.

I simply cannot understand why the need to kow tow to the wife. Get rid and have all the dogs you want.

For example. Try this:

Lock the dog in the car boot and go away for an hour.

Take dog out and lock the wife in the boot and go away for an hour.

Now open boot.

Which of the two gave you the best welcome?

Nuff said!

I simply cannot understand why the need to kow tow to the wife. Get rid and have all the dogs you want.

For example. Try this:

Lock the dog in the car boot and go away for an hour.

Take dog out and lock the wife in the boot and go away for an hour.

Now open boot.

Which of the two gave you the best welcome?

Nuff said!

It's a great idea buts does not really help. I am not getting rid of the wife she has to many household skills that have taken years to get to the level she is at. Plus she is more important to me than a dog.

You could try saying you are intending to give up shooting altogether and take up picking-up as a sport but you need a fully trained gundog. Once you have the dog you can then say you are really getting a new buzz from shooting with your dog.

Nothing wrong, as said, with them being kept outside either.

Failing all that and on a very lighthearted note - you have a single life if you dont do what you want occasionally - there is little point.

Living your life for, or through others, is a waste.

Get the dog !!!!

You could try saying you are intending to give up shooting altogether and take up picking-up as a sport but you need a fully trained gundog. Once you have the dog you can then say you are really getting a new buzz from shooting with your dog.

Nothing wrong, as said, with them being kept outside either.

Failing all that and on a very lighthearted note - you have a single life if you dont do what you want occasionally - there is little point.

Living your life for, or through others, is a waste.

Get the dog !!!!

Yes to a degree, but my wife is the most important person in my life, whats the point in me being all macho going against her wishes getting a dog and up setting her. She also does not want me sleeping with ladies of the night, unfair may be, but i do try and be reasonable I find we can then both have a good life.

Sorry completely lost on what you are trying to say. My collie is a family pet we have had her since she was a pup. I am not going to have her put down so I can get a new dog. I have looked at my posts and as far as I can see I did not say it anywhere.

Yours cant be if you have to work out a way to get your wife to accept your puppy!! Kennel it and be done with it.

Kennel is the answer. Put the wife in it and keep as many dogs as you like In the house.

Have you tried nagging her like they do to us when they want something. Reverse phychology. Its sure to work.

Maybe tell her you need 2 new dogs but agree to compramise on just the 1 and you still get what you want.

I went just to LOOK at my GWP. I was under instructions not to buy one.

When I set off home on the 1.5hr drive I text her a picture of my little boy cuddling the puppy in the car. By the time I got home she calmed down a bit. She was outside when I got home and by the time we got in the house she was in love with him.

Now she hates him because he ignores every word she says and farts a lot.

Bit like me!

funnily enough its the first time she has ever had to stand up for herself properly and by gawd she got the idea fast, usually placid and great with other dogs and knows this one really well but went from collie attached to her neck to collie by the neck in a flash,

Bearing in mind all winter she will be in the back of a beaters wagon and with other dogs and game you never get a murmur of trouble then something starts it and the wire will try and finish it.

Your not too badly off then, they are infamous for going well over the top and killing the other dog- this is normally placid animals, mine loved other dogs and never dreamed of starting anything was just the finishing that created conserns

Yes to a degree, but my wife is the most important person in my life, whats the point in me being all macho going against her wishes getting a dog and up setting her. She also does not want me sleeping with ladies of the night, unfair may be, but i do try and be reasonable I find we can then both have a good life.

I think thats a really nice thing you say about your wife.

most on here just moan about theirs but i bet they don't to their faces.

Im sure if she knows how much you care about her she will give in one day

my wife loves to see me go out shooting as she knows how happy i makes me feel and she knows how much work i have put into my training my dog so when i asked if i can keep a pup she said yes.

let her read this thread and she will understand that a dog will never replace "her" Good luck

My wife is not a dog person, her family never had them when she was a kid. I guess i could have another one if i kept it outside, but i don't want to do that.

You have answered your own question. Get a new dog and kennel it/them outside.

I have 4 dogs at the min and all are kept outside in one large kennel and run.

I much prefer working dogs to be kept outdoors, even the most tolerant wife in the world does not like a working dog in the house after it has been our all day in the field.

You have answered your own question. Get a new dog and kennel it/them outside.

I have 4 dogs at the min and all are kept outside in one large kennel and run.

I much prefer working dogs to be kept outdoors, even the most tolerant wife in the world does not like a working dog in the house after it has been our all day in the field.

I have nothing against dogs being kept outside, its just not something i have done before. I get a bit sentimental i guess, when i get in from a days shooting in the wet and cold i like to sit in front of a fire with my feet up with a glass of something with my dog asleep at my feet.

I take your point and you are a lucky chap - where the 'ladies of the night came' from I dont know but maybe its somehow connected with 'dog'.

If you are making a positive decision, thats good but compromise often gets to grating.

If it is, as you say, then explain to your wife - as someone else has said, if she feels the same way, you'll get your dog !

sorry to see that your in a predicament.

my missus is actually asking me for another dog and I am the one saying no. But my reasoning is that i dont want the training on this dog go down the drain with me spending more time with a puppy and learning from the mistakes i made with my dog now.

Maybe it will just be a case of showing her what puppies are available and how long it takes to train etc. But patience i think would be the key and play the long game....saves arguements and just keep an eye on what good pups come up