Smile and nod.

Cranfield

I was talking to a Farmer friend this morning and an Agriculture Rep drove into the yard.

He walked over shook hands with the Farmer and asked me if I worked on the Farm.

The Farmer told him I was the pigeon shooter and the Rep said that he was also a shooter, but only shot driven game and his wife "rode to fox", I think he meant she "rode to hounds".

He also said that he always goes to Scotland for the "glorious tenth" to "shoot grice".

I asked him if he meant "grouse" and he patiently explained to me that "grice" is the plural of "grouse".

I made my excuses and left, remembering what my Grandfather always said, "just smile and nod, smile and nod".

Apparently a Grice is an animal from way back.It appears to of been small aggressive animal that had small tusks,but it did originate from the highlands.

SO I DONT KNOW HOW SHE SHOOTS THE ******* NOW :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I was talking to a Farmer friend this morning and an Agriculture Rep drove into the yard.

He walked over shook hands with the Farmer and asked me if I worked on the Farm.

The Farmer told him I was the pigeon shooter and the Rep said that he was also a shooter, but only shot driven game and his wife "rode to fox", I think he meant she "rode to hounds".

He also said that he always goes to Scotland for the "glorious tenth" to "shoot grice".

I asked him if he meant "grouse" and he patiently explained to me that "grice" is the plural of "grouse".

I made my excuses and left, remembering what my Grandfather always said, "just smile and nod, smile and nod".

Now come on i now your not Paul Hart :whistling::w00t::lol:

Edited by magman

I was in a gun shop a few weeks back and got talking to the owner who basically slagged off every other gun shop out there.

Some of his 'stories' were laughable to say the least and surprise surprise he was simply the best business around.

I just stood there nodding and smiling while thinking to myself - oh for a voice recorder and then play it back to him !

I did buy something, but only due to him having the only stock I could find without driving 200 miles round trip.

I won't be going back by choice.

Cranfield

I trust nobody caught him shooting "Grice" on the "Glorious Tenth" :eh: , I thought Grouse started on the 12th, must of been mistaken all these years ???:lol:

Yes. Easy mistake to make. Grouse is the 12th, but as most of us on here know, Grice has always been the 10th. :lol:

The rep wasn't from Edinburgh by any chance? They talk posh there don't you know - grouse are grice, and sex is something used to deliver coal in.