anyone think jimmy saville will lose is obe and

storme37

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't some missing the point about Savile? Many,many victims of abuse don't 'come out' until after the abuser has died. It's very common. In Savile's case it's even more logical they are coming out now (Yes, there will be some attention seekers, or idiots who think they will get 'comp') as Savile quite obviously used his fame and charity raising status to blackail any who threatened to unmask him.Equally, children and young women would be terrified to make any allegations against him. There's more than enough evidence now to state that he was a sick, evil potential destroyer of peoples' lives.And there's a hell of a lot sicker stuff coming.

If it were down to me, the knighthood would go, the OBE would go, all statues and plaques would be destroyed, his charities disbanded and his gravestone removed and destroyed along with any biographical material. He was human garbage. His reputation should be destroyed.

Aren't some missing the point about Savile? Many,many victims of abuse don't 'come out' until after the abuser has died. It's very common. In Savile's case it's even more logical they are coming out now (Yes, there will be some attention seekers, or idiots who think they will get 'comp') as Savile quite obviously used his fame and charity raising status to blackail any who threatened to unmask him.Equally, children and young women would be terrified to make any allegations against him. There's more than enough evidence now to state that he was a sick, evil potential destroyer of peoples' lives.And there's a hell of a lot sicker stuff coming.

If it were down to me, the knighthood would go, the OBE would go, all statues and plaques would be destroyed, his charities disbanded and his gravestone removed and destroyed along with any biographical material. He was human garbage. His reputation should be destroyed.

Well said that man.

For those who state it's 'too late' now, or similar sentiments, try and imagine someone very near and dear to you, possibly your child, or your mum, or your sister, or your best friend experiencing this, then being told 'least said soonest mended,' then go and have a long hard think about your position on the matter. Hey, why not even try it from the victims point of view?

Certainly... When he's been proved guilty.

There's too much kangeroo court and media lynch mob mentality in this country when the crime in question is emotive. Let due process take its course, albeit posthumously and justice be served.

We don't need to judge the crime, crimes are alredy criminal, judge the person. If he is found to be guilty beyond doubt then proceed with the above.

It's not like he's going to be around to care! All of this is ridiculous. These people had YEARS to complain about it, but have only come forward now he's dead. Rather too late to be complaining, don't you think?!

As I said on here before I work with sex offenders and they mess with peoples heads beyond belief,and if even one of those girls were telling the truth then his name deserves to be tramped on,because no amount of good works gives you the right to destroy lives the way scum like that do..

To all those saying they don't care and that it doesn't matter because the alleged nonce is dead.. Those still alive who facilitated the alleged abuse or turned a blind eye need to be held accountable for their acts.

I personally don't believe he went out on his own collecting victims child snatcher style. There must be other old boys sitting on a wobbly ring piece right now just waiting for their names to pop up in the public debate.

you are 100% right my friend,A lot of people knew this was happening and let it ...SHAME on them..

Media hype? what about Michael Jackson? Anybody ever thought he might have just been a nice person? I think we are all a bit too quick to believe what we are told.

yes your right but these type of people if you could call them that normally abuse in the same way,so you'll find there victims say the same sort of thing,which they are,and they can come across as the loveliest people but at the back of it all they are totally self obsessed and everything they do is to facilitate there abuse...As far as Jackson was concerned there was more to that story I think..

yes your right but these type of people if you could call them that normally abuse in the same way,so you'll find there victims say the same sort of thing,which they are,and they can come across as the loveliest people but at the back of it all they are totally self obsessed and everything they do is to facilitate there abuse...As far as Jackson was concerned there was more to that story I think..

innocent until proven guilty. We seem to listen too much to the media these days. Lets wait until the facts are out before we call him a nonce.

These types of crimes often don't get reported for years if ever. It's not like having your watch or mobile phone nicked. The victims are by nature vulnerable and the offenders are by nature controlling. Many of those who have been abused aren't ever strong enough emotionally to report it or expect to be believed.

And yes, it is likely that a case would have been dropped in the face of losing the charity income that Savile produced. He was a very clever man. He had to be having no discernible talent or charisma yet stayed at the top of show biz for thirty years. He would have known that his charitable work ensured immunity from prosecution. It is a shame that the investigations will be hampered by all the parasites hoping for a pay day out of this. His nephew in today's Daily Mail for one.

I bumped in to him about 5/6 years ago in a restaurant in Horsforth Leeds. He was accompanied by a very young lad - looked just about a teenager. It looked very weird.

I think there are sufficient witnesses now, plus the ones who reported him years ago, to say he was at it.

Certainly... When he's been proved guilty.

There's too much kangeroo court and media lynch mob mentality in this country when the crime in question is emotive. Let due process take its course, albeit posthumously and justice be served.

We don't need to judge the crime, crimes are alredy criminal, judge the person. If he is found to be guilty beyond doubt then proceed with the above.

Sorry, but that's not legally feasible. Nobody--even British Justice--can try a dead man. Hitler, for an example, never stood trial.

There's no way I would've written the above if Savile was alive and facig trial--and I agree with you about media lynch-mob mentality.

However,y our argument is illogical.

I think there are sufficient witnesses now, plus the ones who reported him years ago, to say he was at it.

Totally agree....watched the program on him the other night, certainly abused his position in life to his own advantage.

Heard there was aprox another 40 come forward, maybe the courage of the few on the program gave them the strength.

I know the media are guilty of spreading lies but I think this has gone beyond that now,and yes some will jump on the band wagon maybe hoping for a few Quid selling a story but I think the majority are real victims and deserve to be believed no matter how famous the abuser....

Victims of abuse need support, no matter how long after the event that it comes to light. There should be an investigation into whether there was a coverup at the time and, if so, those involved should be called to account. I am not sure that you can "try" someone who has no ability to answer the charges against him or that it really serves any purpose. Those affected must receive the help they need away from the attention of the media.

Nick

This is all just the tip of a big iceberg. There is a book about Led Zepplin which talks openly of them making merry with underage groupies. The writer talks about it candidly without any sense of being judgemental. True the groupies were consentual, in fact fighting to get in through the windows. It does however reflect a different attitude to that prevailing today.

I reckon there are very few groups or singers from the 70s who can say with a clear concience they never took advantage. Some of it has to be set in a historical context to see how attitudes have changed. Thats not to say it was in any way right but I think it does explain how they were able to get away with it.

from his autobiography

http://twitter.yfrog.com/obb1mlp

Edited by Vince Green

It's not like he's going to be around to care! All of this is ridiculous. These people had YEARS to complain about it, but have only come forward now he's dead. Rather too late to be complaining, don't you think?!

I’m with Welsh lamb.

Further thoughts. With so many people coming forward I think this should be properly investigated to prove things one way or the other. Yes he is dead but who else was involved either with the actual alleged acts and, or in suppressing the information afterwards! Not a witch hunt but making people pay for their actions or inaction. And if proven he was a pervert it may help his victims recover. I never liked him that much but did and do admire his efforts for various charitys but now!?

Edited by sodit