Game scenes

ollie

I wonder can you guys help. I have recently moved into my first house and I want to buy a nice print of a game scene or a spaniel. Where would you guys recommend online to buy one. I have been on the Sally Mitchel site and saw some nice prints; has anyone bought anything off this site?

if you go on flea bay there are plenty of self representing artists and if you have the time and patience you should be able to get original art the same price or cheaper than prints. Had one on my watch list tonight that was an original water colour of flighting ducks it went for £20. I normally get water colours for anything between £15 and £35. The most I have paid was £75 for an oil painting of hares by an artist who paints for worchester potttery, Its the best one i have got.

Edited by guinty1

An Artist who's work I never tire of looking at is http://www.angeladavidsonart.co.uk/ unfortunately she doesn't do scenes, but if your house is modern in appearance or if your careful on your frame selection there might be one or two in her gallery that are suitable.

In fairness the photographs don't do it justice, having seen her work close up you feel as if you could touch the subject matter.

If you do buy off the bay just be carefull your not paying top wack for cheap copies. As for "sally Mitchell" i have a few from there, very good. Keep your eyes open around the shows, if you know the price's before you can get a few bargains, framed too :good:

If you buy something of quality they will increase in value, i have quite a few and most have doubled if not more :good:

For scenery John Tricket is good but pricey, The thing is if you like it its worth it, you will be spending a long time looking at it :good:

PS.

just looked at "Angela Davidsons" page, and realised the Mrs has one of hers, i think its called "thunder and lightning" very good you can almost smell the horse :yp:

Edited by Dougy

Just be careful - I always have a good look at the paintings at the game fairs - some of them are really excellent and command a high price, but I am always astounded as how bad some of the other paintings are yet are still on sale for hundreds of pounds!

If you want a pencil portrait doing of your dog then give me a shout as I can do those....

Can't upload an example now (see my avatar) as in Germany but can send through if you are interested.

Anthony

Steven Townsend is very good in my opinion. I have some of his works & prices do increase over the years. How about this....

Jasper+1.JPG

I noticed one on the Bay earlier?

Just been on his website, it is unreal how realistic they are.

An Artist who's work I never tire of looking at is http://www.angeladavidsonart.co.uk/ unfortunately she doesn't do scenes, but if your house is modern in appearance or if your careful on your frame selection there might be one or two in her gallery that are suitable.

In fairness the photographs don't do it justice, having seen her work close up you feel as if you could touch the subject matter.

Again, another great suggestion, thanks.

Just be careful - I always have a good look at the paintings at the game fairs - some of them are really excellent and command a high price, but I am always astounded as how bad some of the other paintings are yet are still on sale for hundreds of pounds!

If you want a pencil portrait doing of your dog then give me a shout as I can do those....

Can't upload an example now (see my avatar) as in Germany but can send through if you are interested.

Anthony

If I PM my email address would you be able to send me a couple of pics of your work and the rough price. I have a couple of nice pics of my dog that I could send you.

you could always ask Frenchieboy

Does Frenchie do stuff like this?

Just been on his website, it is unreal how realistic they are.

Again, another great suggestion, thanks.

If I PM my email address would you be able to send me a couple of pics of your work and the rough price. I have a couple of nice pics of my dog that I could send you.

Does Frenchie do stuff like this?

Yep, send me email and I can email some examples

You're not wrong there. I've seen some proper howlers over the years at various shows.

Mick Cawston for me was an absolute genius imho and have got half a dozen of his prints around the house. Would love to get my hands on the "I'll do the talking son" picture.

I stumbled across this site but haven't used them yet.

http://www.dogartuk.com/www.dogartuk.coms/info.php?p=3

Jeez I just found it on this same website - but big dilemma - 560 notes for a 12x10 ltd signed print is a lot of money!!

Edited by Caisterboy

This is the type of thing you can get on Flea bay, original water colour for £55 or a mass produced print for £30- £50, I know what I would have. .http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucky-Escape-Original-Watercolour-By-Colin-Luckett-/251165576370?pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item3a7aa28cb2

Edited by guinty1

Some great suggestions lads. I like the idea of finding an image and blowing it up onto canvas. The problem with a lot of the prints online is that they are too small; I was hoping for quite a large one as its for a big wall, if I bought a small print would it cost much to have it blown up? Also would blowing it up ruin the quality?