Trump. On BBC2 now

ack-ack

i saw this last night, its hard to belive this can happen in the 21st century.the guy thinks because he has money he can do what he likes.

and the police are helping him.no concern for the locals.he couldnt or wouldnt answer the questions at a press conference.

hes using intimidation to get his way.the guy is a total knob.it made my blood boil .

really feel for the locals.

alan

although Trumps methods of building his golf course have been some what under hand and unorthodox, i would much rather see a golf course than hundreds of bloody horrible wind farms!! which have already been proved to cost more to build/maintain than they produce and the amount of time they take to pay for them selves is ridiculous! wind turbins really are a blight on the landscape no matter where they are placed! and i am afraid that Scotland will be totally covered in them if Mr Salmond gets his grubby way! i read an article somewhere that he actually thinks they improve the view!! which to me proves he is nuttier than squirrel poop!!

Not to worry. If his past investments are any indicator, he'll lose a lot of money in this and close up shop.

Trump's no businessman, he inherited all that money.

it will be to late then the area has been spoilt for ever.how he got planning permission in a place of ssi.amazes me.

The whole case is an utter disgrace. Trump is nothing more than a Bully and the perfect recruiting sergeant for the communist party.

The whole idea that SSSI can be bulldozed just so people can hit a ball and then walk after it is deplorable. In due course the politicians involved will be found out and hopefully will be brought to justice for corruption.

I had to turn over half way through as my urine was reaching boiling point.

The whole case is an utter disgrace. Trump is nothing more than a Bully and the perfect recruiting sergeant for the communist party.

The whole idea that SSSI can be bulldozed just so people can hit a ball and then walk after it is deplorable. In due course the politicians involved will be found out and hopefully will be brought to justice for corruption.

Reminds me of a film a while ago called "falling down"

The whole idea that SSSI can be bulldozed just so people can hit a ball and then walk after it is deplorable.

I don't know what it's like in Scotland, but Natural England, who regulate SSSIs, are pretty pragmatic. If there is a net benefit ie if a larger area somewhere else can be put aside for the threatened species then they will consider all sorts of projects.

They call it remediation.

You're not wrong there. A community counts for nothing when the dollars come out. Those folk had lived there all there lives. Who the hell is he to say the place looked like a slum. The footage of him on US TV bragging that he would have people moved as their houses were offensive. I felt like putting my fist through the TV.

Natural England make my firm jump through hoops just so that we can cut weed and keep the water flowing on the marshes, something that they have been doing since 1270 AD in one form or another. They have also banned the Environment Agency from abstracting of ballast from the pits to recharge the constantly eroding beaches of foreland (that has a Nuclear power station on the end) on Environmental grounds. Off shore dredging has also been knocked on the head as this is too damaging to the sea bed (according to NE). To top it off they have also banned the shuttling of shingle from side of the forland to the other as this is also deemed too damaging. I seriously wonder what these fools think they are preserving. The whole chuffing lot will be washed up the channel if they have their way. Then they consent to the total destruction of a beautiful, untouched landscape that home to hundreds of peaceful , happy people. They need their ***** kicked.

I understand that some people were facing compulsory purchase orders on their homes. What happened with that? Did they have to leave, or was this thing built without people being forced from their homes?

EDIT: Never mind. Turns out no one was forced from their homes for the project. That part people managed to stop.

Edited by Reece

I don't know what it's like in Scotland, but Natural England, who regulate SSSIs, are pretty pragmatic. If there is a net benefit ie if a larger area somewhere else can be put aside for the threatened species then they will consider all sorts of projects.

They call it remediation.

I`d call it corruption !

You're not wrong there. A community counts for nothing when the dollars come out. Those folk had lived there all there lives. Who the hell is he to say the place looked like a slum. The footage of him on US TV bragging that he would have people moved as their houses were offensive. I felt like putting my fist through the TV.

Natural England make my firm jump through hoops just so that we can cut weed and keep the water flowing on the marshes, something that they have been doing since 1270 AD in one form or another. They have also banned the Environment Agency from abstracting of ballast from the pits to recharge the constantly eroding beaches of foreland (that has a Nuclear power station on the end) on Environmental grounds. Off shore dredging has also been knocked on the head as this is too damaging to the sea bed (according to NE). To top it off they have also banned the shuttling of shingle from side of the forland to the other as this is also deemed too damaging. I seriously wonder what these fools think they are preserving. The whole chuffing lot will be washed up the channel if they have their way. Then they consent to the total destruction of a beautiful, untouched landscape that home to hundreds of peaceful , happy people. They need their ***** kicked.

Yeah,it`s amazing what money can achieve isn`t it..............