Remington 870

Will Poon

I'm after another pump action , the Remington 870 is the next to fill my cabinet I think ,I've been looking around for one and I've noticed there's quite a few variants if the 870 , are they all the same action but with different woodwork and stuff, any advice and info would be appreciated thanks :D

There's a video on Youtube of a guy testing the "20 bore cart in front of a 12 bore", dangerous scenario.

The old Remmy 870's barrel blew out of the action with the immense pressure, but was put back together no problem... Tough guns indeed.

I had an old 870 Wingmaster for a bit... Shouldn't have sold it really :no:

Just got hold of a Remington 870 Wingmaster today, not a bad price but the bluing seems abit thin on some places especially around the receiver and the muzzle , should I leave it and enjoy it or go for a DIY bluing kit or give it to a pro to reblue the whole gun ??6f316a2a743639b5062fc8bf78dcfaef_zps0b11c9b7.jpg86afdc88a3e6456fa40142bfda1eabc8_zps5df166ac.jpg

Edited by Willpoon