Beretta break open semi

NorfolkBoy

Stumbled on this while perusing the Beretta website.....

http://www.ugb25xcel.com/

Looks...well...interesting to say the least.

Anyone tempted?

Just read the bumf. It enables the shooter to break the gun so they can move between stands more easily than with traditional semis, and also to have a second shot that is more consistant with the 1st . ie coming from the same barrel.

Sounds reasonable. Could this be a revolution in the making?

Whether its succesfull will depend whether it can be classified as acceptable for driven shooting, where a semi is definitely not allowed.

I can see that it could be a very popular gun if so as the weight will be less than a normal over and under and obviously have the benefits of less re-coil

Saw the first one in the UK at the GMK stand at Avalon Guns charity shoot last year. Unfortunately I didn't get to have a go as it was in great demand, there were people waiting an hour just to have a couple of shots :yes: . Pesonally I agree with Fister WHY??

Mind you they said them new fangled superposed (O/U) guns would never catch on ;)

this concept is nothing new im affraid to say, a company called Vostok (whom i have a gun of) designed a pistol which bares an uncanny resemblance to this design (some years ago). However if they ever produce a 3shot i could see it being good.

But so long as its 2 shot its a waste of space imho

lou_andy_404.jpg

''I dont like it!''

Ok jokes asside,

I honestly thing its a waste of time and wont take of. Im sure the price will be over high as well. I also dont trust the cartridge held to the side of the gun by a small clip. If you hunt anything like I do through thick forest, that would get caught and quickly end up on the ground somewhere.

Yes I think the safety idea behind it is great, but IMO looks more like a toy then a useful gun.