shotgun..willy

i have never altered a CZ trigger and i have had a few, the triggers wear in to perfect fit and feel. My feelings are novice gun fiddlers and the likes should leave trigger work well alone. A person of experiance with the correct skills can alter any trigger without a kit

I disagree Kent.

We're all different. What suits one shooter won't necessarily suit another shooter.

Yes a trigger settles down after a "number" of rounds and becomes smoother. (As i've recently found out with my CZ 527) But not lighter. At least not unless you shoot a huge amount of rounds!

Granted i changed both triggers on my .17 and .22 CZ rimfires almost straight away recently. But that comes from my experience of having both guns before and not getting on with the triggers.

There is a washer on the end of the trigger spring, (prob a fancy name for it) and you could try and wind it out to release the tension on the spring. However, it may be already wound out to the safe max. But i strongly recommend getting this done by a qualified person if you are a "novice" or inexperienced with stripping guns. For the obvious reason!

Try it for a while and see if you get used to it. If you can't/don't then there are several makes of "tuning kit" on the market. I went for http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/ Instructions are included in the kit. If you do intend on doing it yourself then look on youtube. There are loads of videos to show you how to do it.

But if in any doubt AT ALL then take it to your local rfd. I was quoted £20 for the kit including fitting a lighter spring and abit of tubing to take out the trigger creep.

Just to add, if you go for the lightest spring of the 3 in the kit. Then with the gun unloaded but cocked and safety off, drop it from a low height 12" maybe? (long as it has a rubber but pad!) and see if it goes off. If not then, if you have a rubber mallet, give it a few hardish taps, (within reason) around the stock and action area. If it doesn't go off, jobs a good un!

Good luck! :good:

Edited by jam1e

there is far more to a trigger safety check than a bump test, most do it wrong anyway. A hunting trigger need not break under 3lb especially if the shooter ever wears gloves. How many who have trigger fiddled actually monitor thier weight of pull after the fact periodically or for that matter do any ongoing checks? not very many!

lighter triggers do not make better more accurate shooters in the field, they just hide shooter faults on the pull. On a cometitive range every little counts

I had my CZ for just over 2 months before deciding I needed the trigger sorted, it dragged a bit and it felt too heavy and I felt sometimes I was letting the trigger spoil the shot. I looked at the trigger kits and decided that I did not want to play with it myself so via a friend contacted an old school gunsmith (80+ yrs), he did not recommend a kit and to my surprise he adjusted the trigger while I waited and let me watch as he explained what needed to be done; the trigger was 3.6lbs at the start, he adjusted it to just under 3lbs and the feel of the trigger was very smooth with a very clean break... a superb job all for the princely sum of £10 and now I just forget about the trigger when I take the shot, it is a massive improvement.

there is far more to a trigger safety check than a bump test, most do it wrong anyway. A hunting trigger need not break under 3lb especially if the shooter ever wears gloves. How many who have trigger fiddled actually monitor thier weight of pull after the fact periodically or for that matter do any ongoing checks? not very many! lighter triggers do not make better more accurate shooters in the field, they just hide shooter faults on the pull. On a cometitive range every little counts

Fitting one is hardly brain surgery. And the "bump test" is clearly enough to ensure safety or the companies that state the test and supply the kits wouldn't exist. And forums would be full of horror stories.

Regardless of whether your a new shooter or an experienced shooter, Regardless of whether it makes "more accurate shooters". it makes a gun nicer to shoot, so why not do it?

It's not about whats right and wrong. It's about what a person or "shooter" wants.

Theres no doubt the "Rimfire magic" kits make a gun nicer to shoot.

Just my opinion :balloon:

Fitting one is hardly brain surgery. And the "bump test" is clearly enough to ensure safety or the companies that state the test and supply the kits wouldn't exist. And forums would be full of horror stories.

Regardless of whether your a new shooter or an experienced shooter, Regardless of whether it makes "more accurate shooters". it makes a gun nicer to shoot, so why not do it?

It's not about whats right and wrong. It's about what a person or "shooter" wants.

Theres no doubt the "Rimfire magic" kits make a gun nicer to shoot.

Just my opinion :balloon:

i know a few very experianced shooters i shouln't let loose with tools! Your welcome to your opinion. Speak to a number of experianced gunsmiths and you will get a difference of opinion even in thier ranks. Liabilities rest with the person who fits the thing not the manufacturer. why "fix" that which isnt even known to be broken? most of these kits are fitted before the owner has realy shot the gun that much, many before its even shot at all. Me thinks its a case of "i shall fix it till its broken"

I've always found mine very heavy with a lot of creep too, after nearly 5 years of owning it and about 3-4000 rounds through it I decided to try one of these yodave kits and it's like a different gun. All I did was change the spring and its solved all my problems, it's pretty much perfect now.

i personally have adjusted the triggers on my cz 452 .22 and 455 .17hmr without using a kit and they now break perfectly (for me)...DAZ

A perfect example of what suit! :good:

I understand the 455 has an adjustable trigger. I'm intrigued how you adjusted the 452 trigger. Do tell!???

A perfect example of what suit! :good:

I understand the 455 has an adjustable trigger. I'm intrigued how you adjusted the 452 trigger. Do tell! ???

All you can do on a 452 is adjust the spring it comes with, and only within the range of that spring.

Other than that you need to get out the oil and files!

I think Kent is right get on the range and learn to shoot i have a cz 452 and have not altered a thing i make sure its zeroed a inch high at 25 yards and i regular take bunnies out to 70 yards head shot. squeeze the trigger with the tip off your finger do not pull it also while we are at it how many look threw the scope with one eye shut? :no:

Learn to shoot with both eyes open set your scope to do this :good: you will see a lot more why half your range with one eye shut :no:

watch proper target shooters they all have both eyes open :good: and leave them triggers alone :D also find a round your cz likes and stick to it also dont keep cleaning it or you will alter zero :D sorry for the rant just what i learnt over the past years :yahoo:

I did mine myself, undo the nut that holds the spring over the long bolt that connects the trigger and cut 3 coils of it with a pair of snips AND NO MORE THAN 3 !!!! Then file any sharp bits reverse the spring so the uncut part is at the bottom and put back together. Takes 20-30 mins and your trigger will break like a dream with no creep. I've done quite a few for friends and it transforms the gun. BUT BE CAREFUL, if you don't feel upto it for very little money a gunsmith will sort it for you. NO MORE THAN 3 COILS !!!!!

I think Kent is right get on the range and learn to shoot i have a cz 452 and have not altered a thing i make sure its zeroed a inch high at 25 yards and i regular take bunnies out to 70 yards head shot. squeeze the trigger with the tip off your finger do not pull it also while we are at it how many look threw the scope with one eye shut? :no:

Learn to shoot with both eyes open set your scope to do this :good: you will see a lot more why half your range with one eye shut :no:

watch proper target shooters they all have both eyes open :good: and leave them triggers alone :D also find a round your cz likes and stick to it also dont keep cleaning it or you will alter zero :D sorry for the rant just what i learnt over the past years :yahoo:

As i've said, an after market trigger makes the 452 nicer to shoot. ( In my opinion, and many others to) however, If there are some people who want to put up with trigger creep and an unnecessarily heavy trigger then that is their right too.

If the world stuck to, "If it isn't broke don't fix it" we would still be in the stone age and firearms wouldn't exist.....

As i've said, an after market trigger makes the 452 nicer to shoot. ( In my opinion, and many others to) however, If there are some people who want to put up with trigger creep and an unnecessarily heavy trigger then that is their right too.

If the world stuck to, "If it isn't broke don't fix it" we would still be in the stone age and firearms wouldn't exist.....

I think trigger creep is the person pulling the trigger s problem like i have explained above , learn to shoot before blaming the trigger just my opinion though :D also a fire arm should not be tampered with thats what a qualified gun smith s are for :D just my opinion though :shoot: if you kill or hurt any body due to messing about with trigger s explain that one to the police :huh: just my opinion though :thumbs:

Chap, that is a very naive response.

I have worked my way through 5 CZ rimfires, my latest HMR and WMR had terrible triggers and needed looking at, my previous WMR was fine, so to is my .22lr and retain original triggers, another .22lr that passed thorough me and on to my lad had/has a factory trigger of debatable merit, but he is fine to leave it. So ordering/changing a CZ trigger is something I would not suggest until you have tried the trigger, just the same, if it is required it will be the best £8-£15 you ever spend on your CZ.

....and as for Proper Target shooters and leave them triggers alone, Proper target shooters triggers frighten the life out of me and are not a consideration for field use! We are not talking about target trigger adjustment, we are talking about getting a trigger suited for the shooter, environment and quarry in the field. :good:

also dont keep cleaning it or you will alter zero ......Oh Dear! :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by Dekers

I think trigger creep is the person pulling the trigger s problem like i have explained above , learn to shoot before blaming the trigger just my opinion though :D also a fire arm should not be tampered with thats what a qualified gun smith s are for :D just my opinion though :shoot: if you kill or hurt any body due to messing about with trigger s explain that one to the police :huh: just my opinion though :thumbs:

Can you explain to me in simple terms, Big Letters and slowly how a mechanical issue is the shooters problem?

And why would you kill or injure someone by messing with a trigger if you follow all the safety rules, like NEVER pointing a gun at anyone? :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by Dekers