n ireland gunshops

tweedledee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to do it like this too.my rfd insisted it had to stay with him a couple of days before he had to write it off his books again.. had this twice.. was after a centre fire rifle,going to look round next week,would like to have it on ticket for springtime

Mine was with a shotgun I wanted to sell to a mate. Maybe the dealer was simply peed off as he wouldnt even quote me a trade in price for it as it was fixed choke.

There are some humpy boys about!

Mine was with a shotgun I wanted to sell to a mate. Maybe the dealer was simply peed off as he wouldnt even quote me a trade in price for it as it was fixed choke.

There are some humpy boys about!

madness,i remember looking at a high grade winchester in a local gunshop,an absolute beauty,fixed choke,i said i`d go and have a think over a bacon bap lol. went back less than an hour later to buy and it was sold. i would never make that mistake again. love winchesters and believe that would have been a gem to have owned

madness,i remember looking at a high grade winchester in a local gunshop,an absolute beauty,fixed choke,i said i`d go and have a think over a bacon bap lol. went back less than an hour later to buy and it was sold. i would never make that mistake again. love winchesters and believe that would have been a gem to have owned

I like Winchesters too. But the gun in question was a "lesser" one. It was a wee Lanber field gun choked quarter and half.

Slightly off topic and not meaning to highjack the thread; however, can you lads recommend gun shops around the Belfast area? I have recently moved to North Belfast and I would like to have a nosey at a few different shops.

Braddells in North street would be handy to you. Might not be too handy on your bank balance though.

Slightly off topic and not meaning to highjack the thread; however, can you lads recommend gun shops around the Belfast area? I have recently moved to North Belfast and I would like to have a nosey at a few different shops.

Depending on how far north you are in North Belfast, just outside Carrick is Beatties in Ballycarry. A good wee shop - easy to deal with and prices pretty good. Drive through Carrick to Kilroot power station and turn left to Ballycarry.(thats how I go but maybe there is a quicker way.) I know a couple of guys in Glengormley who wouldnt go anywhere else.

maryland out in moneyreagh would be a good bet....beatties of ballycarry also

Depending on how far north you are in North Belfast, just outside Carrick is Beatties in Ballycarry. A good wee shop - easy to deal with and prices pretty good. Drive through Carrick to Kilroot power station and turn left to Ballycarry.(thats how I go but maybe there is a quicker way.) I know a couple of guys in Glengormley who wouldnt go anywhere else.

Cheers guys. I am living up beside Mallusk. Just need to get out now and try to find some permission up this way.

well lads, has T Beattie any good stock,or know to hold good stock? he's not too far from my neck off the woods, and am going to see him some time this week.

I couldn't recommend him highly enough! When I was in he had some real nice stock unfortunately some of which was out of my budget but he also keeps a number of lower budget guns such as some of the Rezzini and Benelli! Well worth a look!!

I couldn't recommend him highly enough! When I was in he had some real nice stock unfortunately some of which was out of my budget but he also keeps a number of lower budget guns such as some of the Rezzini and Benelli! Well worth a look!!

i was down today, and the man's a gent.. knows his stuff, asked him about a Bettinsoli, he said and i quote, 'pure dirt' lol. the same make and model McCloys in Toome try to force onto you

Edit: i wouldn't say force, but they try to make them out just as good as beretta

Edited by PandaMagee

i was down today, and the man's a gent.. knows his stuff, asked him about a Bettinsoli, he said and i quote, 'pure dirt' lol. the same make and model McCloys in Toome try to force onto you

Edit: i wouldn't say force, but they try to make them out just as good as beretta

I own a bettinsoli diamond and couldn't speak higher of it, does everything I need it to do and is a crackin fit and I love the look of it. When I went to buy the gun I picked out around 8-10 different guns and didnt look at the price and make until I found the one that fitted the best and I liked the look of. Wouldn't matter if you owned a perazzi if you couldn't hit anything with it.

I also owned a 12G baikal and 20G rizzini and to be honest I dont think there is 2 dealers that will say the same thing when your parting your hard earned cash.

PS Google any make and I bet someone has a problem with it, I clean my gun every time I come back from a trip out and believe that most gun faults is due to neglect from owners

Edited by Mr Rizzini

I also had a mate who owned one for a year or so and he had no bother. I dont trust very many of the dealers regarding advice as they are there to make money.

My favourite was when I went to McCloys to buy a semi auto and had a budget of £400 and was told that they wouldn't sell me one of the cheaper ones because they would jam 5-6 cartridges per box and weren't worth a damn despite them having a good few cheap ones in there shop so what are they gonna do with them if there so rubbish?

I heard so many storys about auto's being a nightmare etc but my dad bought a multi choke lanber auto and has only had a cartridge not eject properly once which he just had to pull the lever back and tip it out the side.

I always buy a gun on it condition as I believe if someone can't take the time or care to look after the woodwork then they prob haven't bothered looking after the barrels etc, My gun gets greased on all parts that meet metal to metal and barrels looked after and that way if its breaks I know I looked after my end of things :)

Edited by Mr Rizzini

I also had a mate who owned one for a year or so and he had no bother. I dont trust very many of the dealers regarding advice as they are there to make money.

My favourite was when I went to McCloys to buy a semi auto and had a budget of £400 and was told that they wouldn't sell me one of the cheaper ones because they would jam 5-6 cartridges per box and weren't worth a damn despite them having a good few cheap ones in there shop so what are they gonna do with them if there so rubbish?

I heard so many storys about auto's being a nightmare etc but my dad bought a multi choke lanber auto and has only had a cartridge not eject properly once which he just had to pull the lever back and tip it out the side.

I always buy a gun on it condition as I believe if someone can't take the time or care to look after the woodwork then they prob haven't bothered looking after the barrels etc, My gun gets greased on all parts that meet metal to metal and barrels looked after and that way if its breaks I know I looked after my end of things :)

Couldn't agree more...I spent hard earned money on mine and neglecting it is not something I would even consider!! It gets more cleaning than my car!! (Hummm...I think my priorities are right (Y))

Couldn't agree more...I spent hard earned money on mine and neglecting it is not something I would even consider!! It gets more cleaning than my car!! (Hummm...I think my priorities are right (Y))

+1 My car is that bad that people clean their feet when they get out! lol

If I had of known as much about guns as I know now then I prob would have bought a £100 over and under with fixed 1/4 and 1/2 choke and whatever make was on offer.

I bought a really expensive pre chargered air rifle and when I traded it and my baikal in I prob lost about £600 and that was from the same shop I bought it from, If we could buy from another certificate holder and do our own paperwork I bet there wouldn't be as many dealers / robbers about!

I paid £300 for my Baikal o/u and it was in mint condition and when I went to a shop to ask how much I would get for it if I where to upgrade to something else I was told £80 if I was lucky because no one wanted baikals, But if you go into the same shop and ask for a cheap gun you'll get a rough double trigger sbs with pitted barrels that looks like its been used to hammer in nails and you'll pay £100.

I traded a gun in before and got about £50 as it was an old hw80 springer with scope and suprise suprise when I visited the shop again there it was for £300, Think I'll keep what I have or buy cheap from now on as you wont lose any fortunes if you only pay pennies at the start ;)

i trade nothin in now..... keep them and buy straight

took me a year to find that out and as a newbie I didnt know any better but I tell you Ill have my guns turned into wall hanging ornaments before taking stupid money from now on.

anyone know how much it cost and how to go about getting something took of your permit and made into a non firing show piece?

I paid £300 for my Baikal o/u and it was in mint condition and when I went to a shop to ask how much I would get for it if I where to upgrade to something else I was told £80 if I was lucky because no one wanted baikals, But if you go into the same shop and ask for a cheap gun you'll get a rough double trigger sbs with pitted barrels that looks like its been used to hammer in nails and you'll pay £100.

I traded a gun in before and got about £50 as it was an old hw80 springer with scope and suprise suprise when I visited the shop again there it was for £300, Think I'll keep what I have or buy cheap from now on as you wont lose any fortunes if you only pay pennies at the start ;)

Sounds familiar,care to name the dealer?

The worrying fact is that under the proposed changes to firearms legislation, many of the smaller and more trustworthy dealers will be forced out of business. The firearms dealers licence is proposed to increase from £150 to £698.

This will play straight into thr hands of the money grabbing big boys. They will have even more control and prices of guns and cartridges will go up to buy and trade in values will fall through the floor.

If you can find a small time dealer who will sell your gun for you for a fee, that would be the way to go. My local dealer sold a a lincoln o/u for me for 350, kept 50 for himselfand gave me 300.

I can they buy with cash.

The question is, are you being told the truth about what the dealer actually got for the gun? I too have experienced dealers who have told me that my trade in firearms were worth nothing, but have caught them out trying to sell firearms that friends have traded in for extortionate prices. Boosts your confidence in your RFD's, doesn't it?