n ireland gunshops

tweedledee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Higgins once refused to accept an older 686 black onyx as a trade in as he said "the older berettas aren't popular. Besides I don't know what it's worth."

I haven't been back since.

Jim Higgins once

Most people In my family would kill to own a berreta including myself, his carts are dear to £10 for 10 3/12"

Tannyoky - skeet, compact sporting DTL and a new trap layout.

Or find out from UCPSA about shooting clubs.

Or buy a wee cheap trap yourself for using over the fields.

I once shot at a wee ground near whiterock near killinchy, but it was a personal arrangement through the wildfowling club.

You giving up on the ones with the white wing bars to try some black round ones? They are hard to cook sw! Dont think there is another one close by thats open to public. Sure go to someone that has cattle in for the winter and shoot yourself a load of crows and starlings. Far better practice if you ask me and the farmer will thank you.

You giving up on the ones with the white wing bars to try some black round ones? They are hard to cook sw! Dont think there is another one close by thats open to public. Sure go to someone that has cattle in for the winter and shoot yourself a load of crows and starlings. Far better practice if you ask me and the farmer will thank you.

Need to get my eye in again :whistling:

Tannyoky - skeet, compact sporting DTL and a new trap layout.

Or find out from UCPSA about shooting clubs.

Or buy a wee cheap trap yourself for using over the fields.

I once shot at a wee ground near whiterock near killinchy, but it was a personal arrangement through the wildfowling club.

Where abouts is tannyoky big al

Need to get my eye in again :whistling:

Where abouts is tannyoky big al

Just outside Poyntzpass between Banbridge and Newry.

Dr. D is right. Clays are okay for learning the basics, but they don't taste good!

He's also right about the crows!

Edited by Big Al

Just outside Poyntzpass between Banbridge and Newry.

Dr. D is right. Clays are okay for learning the basics, but they don't taste good!

He's also right about the crows!

Yes I know he's right there's just not much shooting about on my permissions and I'm kinda sick of freezing my nuts off for my be only one shot and if I was going to shot crow's it would be on the roost but I cannot get the permission with all the main roosts are but then again it's all preservereces I think I hit the crow's in the morning see how I go there

If I was you, I'd See about picking up a wee clay trap that you can use on your permissions. Ask the farmer about it and try.and arrange it for a time he can join you. Fire the clays towards a rough corner and use felt wad cartridges.

I would also try to suggest these things a wildfowling club meetings. After the end of January there will be lots if wildfowlers looking for other ways to have a bit of a laugh. While the club itself might not run events, you could fall in with a few like minded souls

As for freezing your nuts off for 1 shot, it's all part of it. You just need to be able to take your chances when they come. Everyone on here has blank days and runs of poor outings. Stick at it and see if the clays are an option for a bit of fun, practice and light relief.

Edited by Big Al

If I was you, I'd See about picking up a wee clay trap that you can use on your permissions. Ask the farmer about it and try.and arrange it for a time he can join you. Fire the clays towards a rough corner and use felt wad cartridges.

I would also try to suggest these things a wildfowling club meetings. After the end of January there will be lots if wildfowlers looking for other ways to have a bit of a laugh. While the club itself might not run events, you could fall in with a few like minded souls

As for freezing your nuts off for 1 shot, it's all part of it. You just need to be able to take your chances when they come. Everyone on here has blank days and runs of poor outings. Stick at it and see if the clays are an option for a bit of fun, practice and light relief.

Going to join one of the local clubs at the end of the season, which they will hopefully be running as you say little clay bird events and hopefully running the gundog trails for a bit of crack, I'm not so bothered about the summer months as I've a boat and I take her out on the Lough and do a bit of fishing so it more things to shoot when the seasons up until May time.

Do you pick up many seatrout from your boat?

Tried a few times on the boat but it was no good so me and my brother just fished from the shore, I'm a bit of amature when it comes to sea trout,

I caught 6 from the shore all on spinning gear from 1/2 pounders to 1 1/2 pounders

While my brother caught 38 all on spinning gear (he's 10 years older than me) from 1/2 lb to 6 lb and a 6 lb from the shore is a belter we also caught countless mackerel and Pollack and to coddling

• 3 years later...

Thread resurrection.

I'm getting very fed up with money grabbing rfds in NI. You look at a gun, maybe take a shine to it, look it up on guntrader and realise a gun that costs £1000 here costs £700 on the mainland.

Are there any decent dealers left in the country?

Simple get it rfd....done this with last 2..asked my local do you have x&y knowing he wont then just say im looking at one does he mind if i get it sent job done...also rem they know every gun and they only ever have had a few shots thru them.....lol

I want to trade. I need the money in the old gun.

Does that mean that there is no one left worth dealing with here? I was at Vaughan Harkness closing down sale a couple of weeks ago - he's a real gent. The big money boys are really ******* me off.

Edited by Big Al