GORDON BROWN?

Frank

Ok folks, im not too up on Uk politics, come to think of it, im just managing to get my head around it over here. :blush::good:

Will Gordon Brown, be any different then Blair, if he becomes leader over their?

Will he ease up on hunting laws ect?

Thanks for any comments and answers. :good:

Frank.

Gordon Brown PM what a troubled time were in for and you thought Blair was bad. Any guy that half inhales his bottom lip when making a speech has issues. This guy is just as untrust worthy as Blair, people accross the world must be laughing at the state our politics are in. :blush:

Gordon Brown PM what a troubled time were in for and you thought Blair was bad. Any guy that half inhales his bottom lip when making a speech has issues. This guy is just as untrust worthy as Blair, people accross the world must be laughing at the state our politics are in. :blush:

"people across the world must be laughing at the state our politics are in"

Yep!

Frank..... I think its too late for hunting...

I know this isnt exactly about Gordon Brown but all the parties are against field sports.

I recently sent an email to the SNP who are the opposition to labour in the talking shop that is The Scottish Parliament asking clarification on their stance on "legally held firearms for sporting purposes". They sent a generic response back stating and I quote:

The SNP would like to see the Scottish Parliament with power over firearms,

and a new Firearms Act introduced that would clarify what constitutes a

firearm as well as those who may have them and for what purposes.

which seem to link to what they say on their website:

Firearms are a serious threat to public safety and the nature of the problem in Scotland is distinct. Yet our national parliament has no powers over guns. This is despite the fact that justice is a devolved issue and the parliament has control over all other offensive weapons, such as knifes and swords.

They seem to make a direct link with Sporting firearms use and "public safety" and "offensive weapons" and go on to state that:

Glasgow is facing the brunt of the firearm problem in Scotland. Four out of every five attempted murders and recorded robberies involving a firearm in Scotland occur in the Strathclyde area.

So they are making the age old link between legally held firearms and criminals with illegally held firearms. There is nothing to say otherwise on their website and they havent exactly made any distinction when I wrote to them to explain what their stance on firearms is.

My understanding is that El Presidente Tony originally got the backing of the ultra-Left for leadership of the party by promising to ban hunting ("class" warfare?) if they got into power. At the same time he did the deal with Gorgon...sorry Gordon...to cede power to him after three terms. Now that Gordon looks like the next Labour leader you can't help but wonder what he's prepared to do to keep the party happy (shooting,fishing etc) Personally I doubt angling will come under too much pressure as some 7 million go fishing - far too big a chunk of the electorate to upset - far fewer number of shooters however may be an easier target. (pardon the pun)

How Blair manages to sleep at night is beyond me, I cannot see how Brown will make a difference, it will need a huge change to make any significant dent in the problems this country has currently, along with that it'll require trust and I wouldn't trust any of 'em unfortunately. I am not really a watcher/listener of any party anymore as they all spout bile as far as i'm concerned, and therein lies some of the problem, some people don't vote any longer because of mistrust and others just think 'better the devil'. Like i've said before, this country is a shadow of what it was/is capable of being and it would take someone special to make me listen atall seriously.....yep, i'm one of the non voters i'm afraid.

How Blair manages to sleep at night is beyond me, I cannot see how Brown will make a difference, it will need a huge change to make any significant dent in the problems this country has currently, along with that it'll require trust and I wouldn't trust any of 'em unfortunately. I am not really a watcher/listener of any party anymore as they all spout bile as far as i'm concerned, and therein lies some of the problem, some people don't vote any longer because of mistrust and others just think 'better the devil'. Like i've said before, this country is a shadow of what it was/is capable of being and it would take someone special to make me listen atall seriously.....yep, i'm one of the non voters i'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong I feel the same way but the reason Labour got in last time was because of people not voting them out. :blush: Standing back and whatching it all happen isnt going to help anyone. Better the devil you know, sorry but if they are all just as bad and we know Labour have cocked everything up then surely we ought to get another party in to see if they can at least get something right, unlike labour.

I'm sorry but I just don't like the idea of Gordon Brown as PM. Im totally not voting labour next round....but the thing that worries me is that the Tories plans of Taxes printed in the times yesterday don't add up...they claim that theyre going to cut tax everywhere except environmentally which makes no sense at all....and lets face it the Lib Dems are unlikely to get in for a while....

-Andrew

(Apologises for turning a shooting forum into a political discussion)

Gordon who? :good:

I like it...just when Bliar realises he hasn't a cat in hells chance of re-election he's gonna hand over to GB who's gonna get the Premiership he always wanted... for about 5 minutes and then take all the flak for loosing the election. You've gotta hand it to these guys in power they really know how to stick it to each other :good: Give me the Mafia any day.

As for our sport/s I don't think we'll ever get it across that legally held guns are a safe bet. Politicians can't see beyond their own prejudices and lets face it it'll be a lot easier for Mr Plod to deal with if ALL guns are outlawed then he doesn't have to make a judgement, just act. If you have a gun you're a criminal! Easy :blink:

As for the fishing folk, they stood by when the hunting bill was getting the vote and so far they've stood by on shooting by the time they get around to being the target they'll be no one left to stand up for them it'll be too late and serves 'em right to my mind. Again I'll say it...united we stand, divided we fall and if you think that's balls just ask the pistol shooters and the huntsmen what they think!

Ouch I just fell off my soap box :blush:

Don't get me wrong I feel the same way but the reason Labour got in last time was because of people not voting them out. :blush: Standing back and whatching it all happen isnt going to help anyone. Better the devil you know, sorry but if they are all just as bad and we know Labour have cocked everything up then surely we ought to get another party in to see if they can at least get something right, unlike labour.

Like I said.............I've lost trust, and if some bright star stood up and talked sense then followed it through to any degree i'd listen. Can't say anyone stands out for me, what about you?

"Personally I doubt angling will come under too much pressure as some 7 million go fishing"

Anglers always quote allegedly high numbers of participation, as the reason that angling will never be threatened by the Governmennt and the Animal Rights lobby.

It was one of the reasons not enough of them supported the Countryside March.

FACT: For the season 2005/2006 The EA sold 1,296,865 licences in England and Wales.(source EA website)

CONSIDER: Add the Scottish Anglers, then deduct for the UK Anglers that bought more than one licence, so they could use more than two rods.

Whatever you are left with its nowhere near even 2 million Anglers.

So as not to be accused of derailing this thread. :blush:

In my opinion Gordon Brown and a Labour Government, will not change anything that has already happened.

He knows what scuppered Bliar, which was mainly Iraq and Afghanistan and so I think he will not have such a close "special relationship" with the US in the future.

Other than that, it will be business as usual. :good:

:good: So, to sum it up, it does not look good :blink: .

Not much different here ither. :blush:

Our criminal justice bill is coming into effect this October and us shooters are included in it, for some daft reson. :good:

They are making it harder for us shooters to aquire firearms and, as like your selfs, the criminals are allowed to keep their wepons and us law abiding citizens, get to loose ours. :oops:

No justice at all, it seems to be happening across the world and the anti gun loby seems to be getting stronger. :good:

Frank.

It seems to me, from what im reading, that prehaps the conservetives, are a better bet, when it comes to saving shooting ect?

Not sure on other matters though? :blush:

What does everyone else think?

Cheers so far, great reading and its slowly making me understand what the **** is going on. :good::good:

Frank.

Whilst I detest brown with a vengance, and really do not think he will "simply walk into office" the tones of the anti labour/ get blair out at any cost brigade, really do get on my tits? for those young enough not to remember the putrile cow thatcher, and the dismantling of our heritage / infrastructure then the systematic annialation of our indigeonus industries, VAT, the reduction of the higher rate of income tax, the poll tax, buy to rent schemes, sales of council house staock at stupid prices, followed by the excessive community charge, then I understand your wanting something different, particularly when blair via his wife goes over the top with his PC and nanny state views, however like it or not HE was elected in for three terms, HE was elected on his policies,and of course unlike the mumbling jock he did not "shuffle" himself into a postion via rumour innuendo and blatant backstabbing. nope it WILL be worse with brown (not that as I say he will get in) and of course that slimey toad like excuse for taxing air Cameron will never get in as long as he has a hole in his jacksie

cheersKW

Give it ten years and it'll be the United States of Europe.....

I'll probably come back....

Dear God NO..... ruled by a German/Belgian quangrocracy (I just made that up.....good ain't it :good: ) you can have my house and I'll have yours. Back on thread....Gordon Brown has a reputation for doing things sneakily stealthily and unilaterally. Trust Brown and the age of Armageddon cometh, were all doomed, doomed I say :blush:

:yes: So, to sum it up, it does not look good :oops: .

Not much different here ither. :blush:

Our criminal justice bill is coming into effect this October and us shooters are included in it, for some daft reson. :blink:

They are making it harder for us shooters to aquire firearms and, as like your selfs, the criminals are allowed to keep their wepons and us law abiding citizens, get to loose ours. :lol:

No justice at all, it seems to be happening across the world and the anti gun loby seems to be getting stronger. :good:

Frank.

drama queen!!!!!! :good::good:

If he wants to be PM of England (as Scotland already has their "devolved Parliment") he should stand for an ENGLISH constituency not a Scotish one.

It gets to me that the Scotish MP's can vote on english only legislation, but the english have no votes on the scotich only stuff.

One way or the other here I think. Given if you take the Scotish MP's out of westminister then the lab majority falls dramaticly.

Trev (off on one)