Ricky Hatton

Gordon R

Too long out and sorely outclassed by a younger fitter man but still a hero in my eyes hopefully he can find peace within himself and finally call it a day and live a fruitfull life as a promoter and trainer

Senchenko's a year older than Hatton. Ricky should have eased himself in with an easier fight over a shorter distance. He was too hard on himself.

Was everyone watching the same fight as me, The fight I watched was of a boxer who hadn't fought for 3.5 years and was a bit rusty on landing punches on target but was leading the fight on points and knocked the ex world champ of balance a good few times. I can't understand why everyone is saying that he should retie for good? If we where all to put our guns away for 3.5 years and then go out and expect to be digweed on our first outing or we pack it in for good then I can tell you there would be a good few guns and cabinets for sale.

The only mistake I seen him make was that he should have picked an easier fight to boost his confidence and keep his spirit up

Was everyone watching the same fight as me, The fight I watched was of a boxer who hadn't fought for 3.5 years and was a bit rusty on landing punches on target but was leading the fight on points and knocked the ex world champ of balance a good few times. I can't understand why everyone is saying that he should retie for good? If we where all to put our guns away for 3.5 years and then go out and expect to be digweed on our first outing or we pack it in for good then I can tell you there would be a good few guns and cabinets for sale.

The only mistake I seen him make was that he should have picked an easier fight to boost his confidence and keep his spirit up

Have a look at him at the post fight presser and then say he shouldnt retire.Hes a mess against a pillow fisted fella,who was a champion but couldnt lace Hattons gloves when he was in his prime.Add to the fact he could have made the coont but realised it was all gone shows he knows himself its time.Still pretty deluded too,as he mentions that he was up 4-5 rounds at least 4 times in the presser when he was maybe up a round or two max.Reminded me of the Manny KO when he kept banging on about how he was winning by a country mile when he got suckered when in reality he was a human punchbag on the night.I wish he would stop the me me me and concentrate on his family and promoting because it will lead to self pity again.He was great for British boxing and although never elite will be remembered for many exciting nights of boxing.

In my opinion he's a world champion for turning his life around from this

http://www.myboxingf...516_152421a.jpg

I agree fella.The shame of being seen wearing such a stupid watch and drinking wine made him make some good life changes.

yeah suppose your probally right and he should think of his family, Do you reckon he's still loaded?

Oh aye,hes loaded but if he continues to need to be in the limelight he could drain it away.I didnt feel much pity for him but i think he has serious demons that need to be worked on,and what better way than concentrating on the family.He could have been so much more but abused his body inbetween fights so has only himself to blame.As i said,its always me me me and in the presser he gives no credit to his oppo at all,and just bangs on aboot himself.

Edited by sako751sg

I like Ricky but he ruined himself with all the beer and binging between fights its such a shame.

One boxer who I've never rated is calzaghe, granted he beat Eubank but it was nearer the end of his career and calzaghe was coming of age and hungry. Then for 10 years fought nobodies till lacy who was over rated and Kessler who I though looked the better fighter and then went on to fight two guys who was legends but sadly past it who both would have destroyed him in their prime in jones jr and Hopkins then has the the cheek to claim to be the best ever, I'm sure sure plenty will disagree but he's just not fought enough big names in their prime for me and has stayed in his comfort zone at super middle weight (apart from Hopkins and jones jr) when he should have tested himself.

Calzaghe beat all who were around. He can hold his head up in any company. Looked after himself - trained by his dad - who made sure he kept fit. Retired undefeated, without an army of hangers on - e.g. Team Khan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricky - bit of a lad and a complete idiot between fights. He just didn't have the dedication to boxing. Shame - he seemed likeable enough, but not an all-time great.

Edited by Gordon R

Calzaghe beat all who were around. He can hold his head up in any company. Looked after himself - trained by his dad - who made sure he kept fit. Retired undefeated, without an army of hangers on - e.g. Team Khan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricky - bit of a lad and a complete idiot between fights. He just didn't have the dedication to boxing. Shame - he seemed likeable enough, but not an all-time great.

I've seen Ricky in some real states being held up by his mates...his brother isn't much of a fighter as well and I know this thru personal experience...like I said tho he had nothing to prove and should have stayed in retirement..

I can't fault joe on his professionalism or fitness but when the weight he was fighting at was pretty much a walk in the park why not step up? For me he was a big fish in a small pond and was more bothered about retiring undefeated than becoming a truly great fighter. He was rarely tested and developed a cocky style which he wouldn't of got away with against a better class of opposition. His record is great on paper till you start to look at the opposition, why wasn't he looking for the Hopkins and jones jr's of the world 5-6 years earlier? I don't doubt joe was a good fighter but he just played it safe for me, sorry! I totally agree about khan though.